Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Where did you see they are doing a Pre Pat test?
Recruitment office sent out emails with linked form for a voluntary run. No time released just October 16th date. No waiver sent out yet either. They are gathering names for how many people want to participate through the online form they send out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Recruitment office sent out emails with linked form for a voluntary run. No time released just October 16th date. No waiver sent out yet either. They are gathering names for how many people want to participate through the online form they send out.
I’m in the 1,100 range, guess they didn’t get that low.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I’m 370-400 range and didn’t get one either. Is it possible it’s from the option on their page to sign up for recruitment alerts and not off the list?
I’m around 1000 too. They send you a form to sign up. Email the requirement email on the Mass.gov website. Probably just taking them a while to get to all the emails. But yes also sign up for the recruitment updates on Mass.gov as well.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I’m around 1000 too. They send you a form to sign up. Email the requirement email on the Mass.gov website. Probably just taking them a while to get to all the emails. But yes also sign up for the recruitment updates on Mass.gov as well.
Recruitment email*

·
Registered
437 Posts
This is definitely a first, never heard of them doing a Pre-PAT run. I’ve heard of them doing runs for people already in the process and just wanting to get a quick 3 miler in at the academy though.

My advice on this, go once if you’re interested, but don’t be a regular to these volunteer workouts. If you’re lucky enough to get into the academy you’ll be getting all the PT you want anyway.

·
Registered
437 Posts
They are asking you to bring ID which I think is suspect if it doesn’t count towards anything.
If it’s anything like the pre-academy volunteer runs they conduct then it doesn’t mean anything. They may just be using this as a way to get a feel for the talent pool that’s near the top of the list to gauge how many cards to send out. If a lot of people show up out there and have a hard time running 1.5 or 3 miles, whatever they end up doing then they know they may need to expand the search and send out more cards.. that would the only angle I could see. As far as it counting for you or against you, unlikely.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If it’s anything like the pre-academy volunteer runs they conduct then it doesn’t mean anything. They may just be using this as a way to get a feel for the talent pool that’s near the top of the list to gauge how many cards to send out. If a lot of people show up out there and have a hard time running 1.5 or 3 miles, whatever they end up doing then they know they may need to expand the search and send out more cards.. that would the only angle I could see. As far as it counting for you or against you, unlikely.
agreed

·
Registered
65 Posts
says it has no factor on anything if you did it or not i wouldn’t worry to much
it says that but it also says to bring an ID with you. If it doesn’t matter why would they verify ID? Security purposes of the academy? Liability if you get hurt?

·
Registered
437 Posts
it says that but it also says to bring an ID with you. If it doesn’t matter why would they verify ID? Security purposes of the academy? Liability if you get hurt?
Sometimes they just like to see that you follow orders or drive with proper documentation. When I went through the process they would literally walk up and down the parking lot looking at inspection stickers, stickers on the plates and some people even had to pull their registrations out. That’s usually what they’ll do once the process gets started.. I’m not even sure I would call the voluntary pre-PT the start of the process though.. so who knows why really.

·
Registered
437 Posts
On a side note.. I don’t think you guys are going out there to run. Bring your swim trunks..

61 - 80 of 100 Posts