Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Wasn’t in place when I went through the process.

Trust me.. I’m right. I don’t come on here to bullshit people. It’s been that way for as long as I can remember at the academy and that’s what I had to do when I went through the process for MSP. Simple 1.5 mile run around the far parking lot and push up/ sit ups that are not evaluated. That’s it.. that’s really all you need to worry about. Aside from making sure that don’t look around too much.

Hope you enjoy staring at the back of other peoples heads because that’s what you’ll be doing out there. And God forbid you turn your head at all...
Well young pup, here's the old PAT until recently.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
@Blue-Rottie Thank you!
@DPH1992 I finally received my answer sheet for the test. But my question is, how do you see how many were wrong. (When they do not give you a sheet with the correct answers.)

·
Registered
384 Posts
@Blue-Rottie Thank you!
@DPH1992 I finally received my answer sheet for the test. But my question is, how do you see how many were wrong. (When they do not give you a sheet with the correct answers.)
Yeah my cousin just got that back as well. He said all they do is apparently send you your answers with nothing else attached. You got me on that one, not sure what that tells anyone. And that my friend is the Massachusetts Civil Service department in a nutshell for you! Makes zero sense.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I was looking for info on the next SPMA for some of our recruits and was told directly by the SPA coordinator that there will not be one for a while as they will be running another RTT after this one graduates.

I have no other info.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
384 Posts
I was looking for info on the next SPMA for some of our recruits and was told directly by the SPA coordinator that there will not be one for a while as they will be running another RTT after this one graduates.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
You mean another Muni academy? Makes sense cause they’re apparently going to try and run two next year.. they’ll need all the space they can get.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Take this with a grain of salt. The next RTT is starting in late January to accommodate two classes next year. Heard this from a source in the msp. He prefaced it by saying he heard the idea being kicked around months ago by Msp brass. Could just be another rumor, I don’t see the state doing two classes in one year in this current financial state

·
Registered
384 Posts
Take this with a grain of salt. The next RTT is starting in late January to accommodate two classes next year. Heard this from a source in the msp. He prefaced it by saying he heard the idea being kicked around months ago by Msp brass. Could just be another rumor, I don’t see the state doing two classes in one year in this current financial state
They are definitely doing two classes. I’ve heard this from people I know within the MSP myself, some of them family of mine.

However, there’s no way in hell they’ll be starting one in January, they haven’t even sent out cards yet for the 87th. It’s almost half way through September right now. Assuming they send out cards in the next 2-3 weeks (call it October 1st), they wouldn’t be able to do PFT’s, psych exams, medicals and backgrounds by January. Not if they move at the pace they’ve moved at in past RTT’s. It takes a good 4-5 months before everything from the PFT to the final medical has been conducted.

The real question is where are they getting the additional funding? The state budget only had enough for one RTT in 2022. I guess they could get a supplement or the state could just add some money to their funding, but that would be a first.

They’re going to have two classes in 2022, that doesn’t mean they’re going to graduate two. One will start in 2022 and graduate in 2023.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Page 1-19
The proposal recommends $415.3 million for the Massachusetts State Police. This includes $23.1 million for the State Police Crime Lab to support measures associated with criminal justice reform legislation as well as support for the 87th RTT class which is expected to graduate in October 2022.

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
If I remember right (not clicking on that link no offense) it was about $5.4 million for FY2022. That’s in line with the funding that it takes to put one RTT through the academy. But like I said, they could retroactively add more to the funding, it just depends on whether the State wants to. Not sure if it needs to go through the state senate or if Baker can unilaterally do that, not a lawyer*

And October 2022 for a graduation date for the 87th RTT sounds right. My guess is they’ll start processing applicants for the 88th RTT early 2022 like Feb/March and have them ready and lined up to start in November.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts