Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Next year, they secured funding already. Cards will probably be out sometime between October - December. Another 3-4 months to go through the hiring process, so ballpark date would be April - June of next year.

·
Registered
390 Posts
They have funding for 2 classes or just one?
State funding is done once a year. It’s in the State fiscal budget, all public information. They only fund one RTT per year. No idea if there will be an RTT in 2023 until the budget comes out for that year. 2022 has funding for the 87th already.

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,741 Posts
The Department hopes to run 2 classes next year, one in the spring and one in the fall, subject to funding.
Bout as official as it gets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sooty

·
Registered
18 Posts
Stupid question...other than the 1.5 mile run as a qualifier, does MSP require anything else for a PAT test? I know for a municipal agency a candidate needs to complete the PAT in Hudson and then followed by the Academy fitness assessment based on the Cooper's Standards. Does the state follow the same coopers standards testing at 40th percentile and if you fail you get DQ'd?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Stupid question...other than the 1.5 mile run as a qualifier, does MSP require anything else for a PAT test? I know for a municipal agency a candidate needs to complete the PAT in Hudson and then followed by the Academy fitness assessment based on the Cooper's Standards. Does the state follow the same coopers standards testing at 40th percentile and if you fail you get DQ'd?
Nope, they don’t follow any standard other than running around a parking lot for “1.5 miles”. They’ll have you do pushups and situps, but you’re not failed for that, they just do that to tell you if you do anything less than X amount then you better step it up if you want to survive the academy.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Nope, they don’t follow any standard other than running around a parking lot for “1.5 miles”. They’ll have you do pushups and situps, but you’re not failed for that, they just do that to tell you if you do anything less than X amount then you better step it up if you want to survive the academy.
There are also two job simulation obstacle courses that must be accomplished in the required time, in addition to the run.

·
Registered
390 Posts
There are also two job simulation obstacle courses that must be accomplished in the required time, in addition to the run.
Oh right, how could I forget? You also need to donate blood and learn how to throw a ceremonial rifle on your first day there.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Right….that’s the one similar to the Hudson PAT, correct? Thank you
Guy, there’s literally nothing else besides the 1.5 mile run. Like I said.
1.5 mile run and push ups/sit ups. They do not fail you on the push-up sit-up portion.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I’m still coughing up dust bunnies and cobwebs from taking the PAT in Hudson.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’m still coughing up dust bunnies and cobwebs from taking the PAT in Hudson.

The new place is so much better than the old. Took the PAT in both places since I switched departments. But I remember that old dungeon and the slip & fall during the preview because of all of the dust :ROFLMAO:.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts