Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
How far down are you? I didn’t receive an invite but I’m also like 4K down
I’m around 1000 but you have to sign up for the recruitment updates on the state website. You missed the October 5th deadline as well to reply to the recruitment emails because you were not getting the updates.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’m around 1000 but you have to sign up for the recruitment updates on the state website. You missed the October 5th deadline as well to reply to the recruitment emails because you were not getting the updates.
Mind private messaging me the title to voluntary run email. I’m in the 1000s and didn’t see an email

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,745 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
did anyone here go to the run saturday? how many people showed up for your session? Curious if they invited the entire list or if they cut it off at some point

·
Registered
437 Posts
did anyone here go to the run saturday? how many people showed up for your session? Curious if they invited the entire list or if they cut it off at some point
They’re not inviting 5000 people to run at the New Braintree academy, there’s no way there would be enough room or personnel to handle that. My guess is they probably cut off around 1500 and that would be generous.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I attended. You had to sign up for recruitment alerts on mass.gov to be sent the run signup email. Two groups attended from what I saw. I think about 50 max in each group. I was told by recruitment Troopers 1200-1500 cards are being sent out for the 87th. Trying for 3 RTT off the list. They recorded your time for the run and had two Q&A sessions.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I think all of us should sign up for interviews and just be honest….heeheehee.
God what fun would be had!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I attended. You had to sign up for recruitment alerts on mass.gov to be sent the run signup email. Two groups attended from what I saw. I think about 50 max in each group. I was told by recruitment Troopers 1200-1500 cards are being sent out for the 87th. Trying for 3 RTT off the list. They recorded your time for the run and had two Q&A sessions.
Any idea on the month they’d be looking to start?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Any idea on the month they’d be looking to start?
99.99% sure I think they said aiming for April and I should have been listening closer but had no way to write everything down during Q&A. Recruitment said it’s all up to funding and also I asked about if all the guys retire or resign from vaccine mandate will they need to or plan to get a RTT going sooner? He seemed to think they would try to speed up the process of getting the RTT going if there was large amounts leaving but still said it was up to funding. Also they said they are around 2,000 Troopers and if 150 leave everyone would be on call as a plan for support until the 86th graduates.

·
Registered
53 Posts
99.99% sure I think they said aiming for April and I should have been listening closer but had no way to write everything down during Q&A. Recruitment said it’s all up to funding and also I asked about if all the guys retire or resign from vaccine mandate will they need to or plan to get a RTT going sooner? He seemed to think they would try to speed up the process of getting the RTT going if there was large amounts leaving but still said it was up to funding. Also they said they are around 2,000 Troopers and if 150 leave everyone would be on call as a plan for support until the 86th graduates.
Thanks for the info.!

·
Registered
65 Posts
We thinking they will expire this list?
They didn’t mention the specific scores they would get down to over time but 3 x 1500 cards maximum sent out would be down to 4500 roughly and there’s 5500 on the list right? Probably won’t go through the entire list but close. Who knows. A lot of people might do municipal and they could get through the whole list.

·
Registered
437 Posts
They already have the funding for the 87th RTT. The 88th, assuming they plan to run it in 2022 like some are saying, that would require additional supplemental funding, but I would expect them to get it with all the challenges they have right now. Baker is screwing State workers as it is right now with the mandates, he may look at giving them additional funding as a way to soften the blow because the last thing Baker needs if he plans to run for office again is Police unions against him.

·
Registered
437 Posts
We thinking they will expire this list?
I would anticipate them reaching almost everyone. As time goes on people will either already join a Muni department, have a change of heart to LE or some other life event that would change their plans. Only way they don’t get through this whole list in my opinion is if they decide to go back on the CS exam in 2023, which wouldn’t surprise me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
They already have the funding for the 87th RTT. The 88th, assuming they plan to run it in 2022 like some are saying, that would require additional supplemental funding, but I would expect them to get it with all the challenges they have right now. Baker is screwing State workers as it is right now with the mandates, he may look at giving them additional funding as a way to soften the blow because the last thing Baker needs if he plans to run for office again is Police unions against him.
On average how far down the list do the end up going for the first class. I’m reading they are sending out 100-1500 cards soon, but does someone in the 1000’s realistically have a shot at the first class? Just curious how it went with pass list.

·
Registered
437 Posts
On average how far down the list do the end up going for the first class. I’m reading they are sending out 100-1500 cards soon, but does someone in the 1000’s realistically have a shot at the first class? Just curious how it went with pass list.
Not really no, not to burst your bubble or anything. Generally the first class, since the list is new and everyone on it has their eyes on the MSP or their Muni department, means they won’t need to pass over or go through as many people. After the first class it becomes more of a gray area and as time goes on more and more people tend to get passed over for various reasons (On a muni department, no longer interested, life events, etc)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not really no, not to burst your bubble or anything. Generally the first class, since the list is new and everyone on it has their eyes on the MSP or their Muni department, means they won’t need to pass over or go through as many people. After the first class it becomes more of a gray area and as time goes on more and more people tend to get passed over for various reasons (On a muni department, no longer interested, life events, etc)
Makes sense to me, thanks.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts