Mother Shares Story With NewsCenter 5
POSTED: 7:49 pm EST November 3, 2005
UPDATED: 12:34 pm EST November 4, 2005
BOSTON -- A teenager who pleaded no contest to sexually assaulting a young girl is still living in a home where his family runs a day care center.
Last year, a woman hired the boy to baby-sit her 4-year-old daughter. That is when the attack happened.
But even though the teenager pleaded no contest to the crime, the state entered into a legal agreement with his mother that allowed her to keep her day care open with conditions. Her son must not have any contact with day care children, and he cannot physically enter the basement business while children are there.
Those conditions do not satisfy the young victim's mother.
The state said it enforces the legal agreement by conducting unannounced visits.
All the parents who send their children to the Westwood center have read the legal agreement and signed letters acknowledging they want to continue sending their children there.
The day care provider said her attorney would call NewsCenter 5. That hasn't happened yet.