Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some knuckle head pull up beside me on 95 NB by exit 3, he looked at the cruiser and then proceeded to pass me. Hmmm ok maybe a little late for work I thought. Then he really started to pull away. I ended up clocking the car at 93+ MPH

When I pulled him over the first words out of his mouth were "You can't stop me your not state police" :roll: Your right I am not state police, sit tight I will be right back. Went back to the car and handed him his cite and told him not to worry it was not a state police citation. He looked puzzled for a minute and then said ok. As I started to walk away I told him to read the back of the cite and he should be all set.

He said, ok thanks and had a smile on his face...... lol so did I :lol:

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the full amount, I let the clerk knock it down.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,678 Posts
Ya know Gil....................

The poor fool just might have the impression it's just a warning of some kind. Oh well, failure to appear suspension will do O.K. for him.
:wink:

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya know Gil....................

The poor fool just might have the impression it's just a warning of some kind. Oh well, failure to appear suspension will do O.K. for him.
:wink:
Not sure all the lights were on up stairs, I am sure he will show it to someone who will enlighten him. I did advise him to read the back... :wink:

·
Subscribing Member
308 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how people just make these assumptions that certain police departments cant do this or cant do that, and that somehow justifies there violation of MGL. The funny part about this story is this snapperhead will probably appeal the thing show up in court and actually have the balls to blame someone else for his actions. Lets just hope the clerk that hears it gets the case on a Monday Morning nursing a hangover from the Pats Game the night before and takes it out on this nitwit.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Good job, Gil! The lemmings never learn: if the road is in your town, then you have the jurisdiction! As far as this genius getting a NR: Sorry pal, your from outa-state and do not pay taxes or vote here: "Responsible...$XXX.XX...when can you pay, sir?". Hopefully it'll make to a mag appeal on you day off: four hour minimum!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wait till he goes to court to fight it and tells the clerk "yeah I was speeding and this cop pulled me over and I told him he couldn't do that' that should go over well ......... ](*,)

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
If it was in Salem district court........

Wait till he goes to court to fight it and tells the clerk "yeah I was speeding and this cop pulled me over and I told him he couldn't do that' that should go over well ......... ](*,)
If it was in Salem district court........
Judge: Why are you here.
Guy:"yeah I was speeding and this cop pulled me over and I told him he couldn't do that'
Judge: Oh in that case, case dismissed! :roll:

·
Subscribing Member
4,319 Posts
Had one today on my Click it or Ticket campaign. I was on Rte 2 going 65, she looked at me, passed me at 80+mph. Pulled her over and she was suspended. She said that she looked at my cruiser, saw that it wasn't SP and drove on. Plus all three passengers didn't have seatbelts on, made it easy for those numbers.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I think for punishment they should lock these dopes in a room for one week and have the film "Room to Live" playing over and over again on a large screen TV. :lol:

·
Subscribing Member
308 Posts
I think for punishment they should lock these dopes in a room for one week and have the film "Room to Live" playing over and over again on a large screen TV.

that is just plain evil :twisted:

·
Subscribing Member
292 Posts
Hey at least the guy knew he was caught and took it in a good natured manner. A few years ago my partner stopped a car that rolled right through a stop sign. When my partner approached teh car, the guy says.. "Yeh I saw the stop sign....I jsut didn't see you!" Honesty at its best. :lol:

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
she looked at me, passed me at 80+mph. Pulled her over and she was suspended. She said that she looked at my cruiser, saw that it wasn't SP and drove on. Plus all three passengers didn't have seatbelts on, made it easy for those numbers.
That is great! That just amazes me, the stupidity of people and the obvious infractions with no regard for MGL. it just amazes me... Always will- guess

·
Registered
221 Posts
While doing radar I stop a car for 90/17, the guy doesn't even slow. I walk up to the car and the operator asks, "what's the problem officer???" As if I was a big jerk and there could be NO Reason for him to be stopped. I told him 49 in a 30 was the problem. Went back wrote the cite and returned back to the car. This guy lives on this road mind you. This guy has the nerve to tell me that there is a speeding problem on this road by his house. He says that he wants more traffic enforcement by his house, and that no one ever does radar by his house. He tells me how the cars "fly by" his house in the morning. Is this guy ok or what?!? I didn't know that if you live on the road you are immune. I told him that he is apparently part of the speeding problem, and that half the people who complain about speeding on thier street are the ones speeding. I handed him the cite and told him to consider this a start for the traffic enforcement. What an arrogant jerk

1 - 20 of 60 Posts