Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, yet another person trying to eventually become a police officer. I'm 22 years old, go to school for automotive (so i can possibly have a side job),and I am currently employed by EMC as a security guard. My plans are to stay employed here, advance to dispatcher, then possibly supervisor within the next year (yes I like to set goals) and also possibly doing C/O full time as well. Once I do that, the next civil service exam should be coming around correct? Take the test, and hope for the best. I'm hoping to be a P/O by 25. Only thing I have on my record are a few speeding tickets when i was first starting out driving. Obviously I would tell whoever I interview with straight forward that I made a few minor mistakes as a teen, no lies or withholding truth. Looking to get into central ma area (worcester,holden,w.boylston,etc). What do you guys/girls think?

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Masshole - do the folks here a favor.
Remove those overly rosy colored glasses before your next post.

Those goals are extraordinarily lofty in Mass and lead this reporter to believe you have either a. not done 1 ounce of homework on what it really takes to become a police officer in MA, or b. your screwing with us.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
This has to be Masscopguy...trying to be a smartass...look at where I say im from on my profile and thats the name this kid chooses....I call bullshit....and if im wrong I apologize to The stinky Masshole...lofty goals kid...good luck...its a good time to break into LE, Deval is going to hire 1.000 cops.

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
Seriously, with your qualifications, you should be able to walk into any department in this state and get hired. Just go to any central mass department and ask for an application. You know they have to give you one!

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
Just go to any central mass department and ask for an application. You know they have to give you one!
Only if the desk officer is wearing his hat, othewise it doesn't count.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Well if he cant deal with a few bring me back to reality, somewhat harsh yet pretty accurate comments hes not going to fare to well on the job...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh I can handle it just fine, I'm not new to forums and people on them...just hoping there's a few people out there who can let me know if it sounds like a realistic goal or not. regardless of what is said, that is my goal as of this moment, but if there's something better, please enlighten me. thanks.

·
Subscribing Member
3,241 Posts
Take the test, and hope for the best.
That's it in a nutshell. Civil service does not require experience, education, training etc., it requires a very high test score, clean background and some level of physical fitness. Other than a few groups, which receive preference, one candidate has the same chance as the next going into the exam. Score HIGH

Good luck!!

·
Subscribing Member
364 Posts
- I've seen that image a few times now, and can't help but wonder .... what the heck is in her mouth??? Chocolate cake? Leg of something?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Wow, it's nice you want to be a high ranking security officer and all. Hiring officials usually prefer that over hiring someone that has served their country overseas. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow, it's nice you want to be a high ranking security officer and all. Hiring officials usually prefer that over hiring someone that has served their country overseas. Good luck.
welp,never had the experience...gotta work with what i have, thanks.

and yes i know some physical fitness is (should be) required,which is absolutely fine. no problems there..

the CSE are every 2 years correct? any literature or study guides that are better than others? i know policelaborlaw.com had one for '07...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts