WWII ‘hero’ can stay in apartment after being caught smoking | MassCops

WWII ‘hero’ can stay in apartment after being caught smoking

Discussion in 'Military News' started by kwflatbed, Sep 19, 2013.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

WWII ‘hero’ can stay in apartment after being caught smoking

Published September 18, 2013
    FoxNews.com
    A 90-year-old disabled World War II veteran who picked up smoking during his service, during a time the army gave him free cigarettes, will not be kicked out of his housing complex for violating its no-smoking policy.
    The Hartford Courant reported Wednesday[​IMG] that Andy Nowicki, the veteran who was caught red-handed smoking in the breezeway of his apartment at Cedar Village, will be able to stay there with his wife who has advanced Alzheimer's disease.
    "I think today common sense prevailed," State Senator Paul Doyle told the paper. "This should have happened months ago. This guy is a true American hero."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/18/wwii-hero-can-stay-in-apartment-after-being-caught-smoking/?intcmp=latestnews#ixzz2fKwtoq1f

2. Mr Scribbles

Mr Scribbles Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com

When will these liberal assholes just say "Thank You Sir!" then shut the fuck up and leave these guys alone? Let them smoke, fly a flag or keep a gun, they EARNED IT!
    vet.jpg

HistoryHound and kwflatbed like this.
  3. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

If they wanted to change the rules on the guy so that he could no longer smoke in his own apartment; then, they should have taken steps to give him an area where he could smoke without bothering people. I can't stand the smell of smoke, but I also can't object to him having a place where he can do it.