WTKK to drop radio host Michele McPhee | MassCops

WTKK to drop radio host Michele McPhee

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by cc3915, Nov 11, 2010.

1. cc3915

cc3915 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Boston talk radio station WTKK isn’t renewing the contract of fiery, nighttime host Michele McPhee, who said she had “creative differences” with station brass and wasn’t “enjoying the work environment.”

McPhee’s contract with WTKK-FM (96.9) is up at the end of the year.

In a statement to MediaBiz yesterday, McPhee said the Greater Media-owned radio station gave her the chance to do her own talk show three years ago and she’s proud of what “we created together.”

WTKK to drop radio host Michele McPhee - BostonHerald.com

2. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

Great topics, pro-police but she her tonality and speech inflection was difficult for me to stay tuned in. Some journalists are TV-friendly, but the wide-spread delivery of HD proramming has narrowed the market of acceptable candidates. Some are great radio hosts with captive audiences, great delivery and engaging topics, and some are restricted to print media for lacking the two previous attributes.

3. trueblue

trueblue MassCops Member

"Creative differencs"... equals "sorry Michelle, you support the police too much so we're gonna have our new host Al Sharpton take over".... She's been a consistant supporter of law enforcement/victim's rights/tougher penalties for criminals etc. and it will be a long time before we have another host that takes up our causes as if they were hers. I wish her well.

4. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

We all know there is no room in the media for someone that is pro police.

5. HousingCop

HousingCop Czar of Cyncism and Satire

“creative differences” + “ not enjoying the work environment.” = $ Plain & simple, she probably wanted a raise and they probably said NO. I enjoyed the local topics she presented and eventually got used to her horrible N. Shore / NYC hybrid accent. I guess if I was tied to a chair while someone did fingernails on a chalkboard, Gitmo style, you'd eventually get used to it. HC

6. 5-0

5-0 Guest

Ditto on the voice problems. I couldn't take listening to her repeat stuff like a broken record either. Good topics though. If you guys haven't listened to the Andellman brothers on Saturdays yet. Frigging Hilarious

7. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

As they say, some people have a face for radio. She's got a voice for newspapers.

8. Lost

Lost MassCops Member

The guys from Phantom Gourmet? Because they drive me nuts.

9. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

The Phantom Gourmet TV show sucks, but the RADIO show is hilarious!!

10. 5-0

5-0 Guest

^ This

11. grn3charlie

grn3charlie Yeah, THAT GUY!

Because she supports LEO's and veterans I'll let her talk dirty to me with that voice.

Now, that jackass Bruade is such an anarchist without a cause. He wants so badly to give away the store. I'd rather listen to Freddy Krugers nails down a chaulkboard than Bruade's reverse garbage disposer not coming close to truthfully saying that he respects LEO's and our military out there fighting the good fight.

12. KozmoKramer

KozmoKramer Administrator Staff Member

I like her ideals, but McPhees voice and manner of speaking is off-putting to say the least.

[​IMG]

13. Boy, I thought it was just me! I appreciate her support for the police and military... but I've never been able to listen to her for more than a few minutes simply because her voice and way of speaking annoys the crap out of me! The way she has to repeat a statement to emphasize it, and she sounds like she's talking w/ a bubble at the back of her throat. I was always surprised when she would fill in for other hosts when they were gone, and especially when she got her own show. I was baffled as to why they would give her more air time??? I can say I'll miss the content of the show, but not her.

14. tsunami

tsunami MassCops Member

she should go work for the 1200 AM RUSH Radio....very conservative radio right out mass...Rush, Hannity, Beck, Levin all these guys are on there.

15. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

Tuned in to hear her tonight and they had some libturd on :(
    back to MIkel Savage