Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
715 Posts
Dan H - Thanks for the reply. I am looking to buy soon and the SW99 was the first to catch my eye. I have done some online research about a few other pistols but the SW99 is the lead candidate right now. I know there are better pistols out there but I don't want to pay the big bucks for a Sig or a H&K. I have read about the magazine base plate issue with the Walther mags and I also read about a PD that was having problems with the rear sights breaking off mostly caused by wear and tear in a cruiser enviornment, supposedly by getting whacked by the metal parts of seatbelts and other impacts. I also read about a problem with the slide stop engaging after every shot and locking the slide open as if the gun had fired the last round. I read many positive things about the SW99 as well. I hope you don't mind me asking but it sounds like you made a good find with that slightly used pistol. How much did you pay for it? Did you purchase from a gun shop or from a private seller?

· Registered
715 Posts
The article about the slide sticking open didn't make mention of it being caused by accidental slide-stop engagement. It was some mechanical problem, the details to which I forget. I will likely give a used SW99 or SW990 a try. If I don't like it I can sell it and get something else. It's not like the gun will lose a great deal of value like a car does.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.