WTB: Glock 36 | MassCops

WTB: Glock 36

Discussion in 'Police Duty Gear For Sale / Wanted' started by MChoquette, Dec 23, 2013.

1. MChoquette

MChoquette MassCops Member

For a late Christmas present my girl said she would kick in half toward a new CC weapon for myself.
    Let me first state that I'm not a LEO so I cant just go to the store and buy a new one. I was hoping to find a nice officer that wouldn't mind parting with theirs. I'm located in North Adams, MA and would be willing to travel across the state for a FTF transaction if that's what it takes to get one.

Statement of Legal compliance:​
    I will comply with all Federal and State Laws. If the firearm is to be shipped, you must provide me with a signed copy of your dealer's FFL (or your 03FFL if this is a Curio and Relic). For private party face-to-face transactions (only permitted by Fed law when both buyer and seller live in same state), I will meet all applicable state and federal laws.​
    When ammunition, magazines or other regulated items are sold/bought or traded as part of this transaction, I agree to follow all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to these items.​

2. Dan Stark

Dan Stark Tears of a Clown

Are you really hell bent on a single stack? You're missing out on using high cap pre bans from full sized glock as your backup Mag. Just a thought

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

3. Dan Stark

Not to mention, a g36 is going to be ultra mega mass premium unless they don't know what they have. I haven't seen too many

4. MChoquette

Ya I'm kinda stuck on the single stack. My current CCW is a bodyguard .380 and I can conceal it in basketball shorts, Pajamas, and even sweatpants. I don't plan on getting into any blazing gun battles, and I hit what I'm aiming at 99% of the time so 6 rounds and one extra backup is enough for me. What I really want is concealablity above all, with a larger better stopping round, in a more reliable package(glock). I would also consider a springfield XD-S .45 if mass didn't suck as much as it does.

5. Dan Stark

I hear ya. I'm a pretty good shot, and don't think that I'd have a 99% hit ratio in a self defense situation, but your other reasons make perfect sense. Good luck!

Hank Moody likes this.
  6. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Understatement of the year.

7. MChoquette

Ya I kinda got thrown off by the sh!tty reliability of the bodyguard. If I use crappy ammo it takes multiple pulls of the trigger to get the round to go off(light strikes). And I shot a wooden toy with a hollow point personal defense round. The round stayed solid and kind of ate a chunk of wood and went no farther than a 1/4" into the cheap balsa like wood. Mass sucks for high prices on an otherwise ordinary glock.

8. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Silence! The man is telling you a S&W semi sucks, and he wants a Glock!

frank, Dan Stark and pahapoika like this.
  9. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

we had a good sized kid locked up that took a .380 to the shoulder and it seemed pretty effective. the one he took in the calf running away slowed him down too. :cool:

10. Pvt. Cowboy

Laughed out loud at this.

Johnny Law likes this.
  11. MChoquette

I only use Tula ammo for just tossing lead, its cheap and I shoot every weekend. All my other guns eat it up but the bodyguard gets FTF prolly like 50% of the time. A second trigger pull always does the trick but its a pain in the butt. I even sent it back to S&W and they sent it back the same way. The bodyguards are known to FTF with cheap ammo, but I carry this thing 24/7 and I wanna know for sure that when I pull the trigger its gunna go boom.

12. Dan Stark

Ftf 50% of time? Hahahahahahahah

13. MChoquette

With decent brass cased ammo it doesn't do it at all, same with my personal defense ammo. But Tula ammo just doesn't like light strikes. And yes FTF 50% of the time is pretty ridiculous, hence the want/need for a glock or XD-s

14. Dan Stark

I would just consider a bodyguard or shield as a backup gun, or maybe something to toss in a lacy thigh holster. :)

... I keeed I keeed

15. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Glock Goobers!!!!! THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!:eek:
    broken-glock17.jpg Broken Glock 2.jpg

frank likes this.
  16. Dan Stark

Glocks?

omnomnom.jpg

Johnny Law likes this.
  17. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

The Bodyguard is so awful

Why don't get a G30s? The difference in CC from the 36 is minimal

18. MChoquette

I bought the bodyguard when it first came out, after owning it for a while I found out how testy it is about ammo. And I've held and fired a G36s or sf something like that and it was small but still kinda like sticking a 2x4 in your waistband.

19. militia_man

militia_man MassCops Member

Why not the shield in 9mm or .40? Either one of those calibers is a huge step up from the .380. They don't have the reliability issues that the Bodyguard has. I have one in 9mm and it is very easy and comfortable to conceal. The Kahr PM9 is also a nice pistol to consider and it is a bit smaller than the Shield, although it is expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. militia_man

militia_man MassCops Member

I somewhat agree with you about S&W semi autos. I have never been a fan. But it seems they got things right with their M&P line.

mpd61 likes this.
  21. Dan Stark

The shield fotay has surprisingly mild recoil for such a small gun.

22. Irishpride

Irishpride Subscribing Member

I guess when it comes to the Bodyguard it's hit or miss. I only use decent range ammo and maintain it regularly and when I take it to the range I usually put 100 rounds through it without issue. I'm confident it will fire if I need it.

23. Pvt. Cowboy

Man... Nobody likes the compact sigs?

24. MChoquette

I also carry my sig P250C on an occasion. I carried it today for a while but its kinda hard to conceal it, it pokes out no matter what you wear. The only thing that remotely conceals it is a large hoodie, then you kinda look like a jr. gangbanger carrying his dads gun.

25. MChoquette

haha i have a pretty decent holster too, its a versa carry. Theres basically no bulk except the gun.