Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
If it is for LE duty use, buy it anywhere (LE dealer) on letterhead. In that case you can buy a new one.

If it is strictly for "personal use" and not a department authorized purchase, you'll have to settle for a used one (made before 10/21/98). In that case you might give Four Seasons a call and have Carl watch for one coming into his shop. His prices are quite reasonable on Glocks, when you consider the state we're in!

You can do a search for Glock on this forum to get the whole story. We just covered this issue within the past week!

·
At your six
209 Posts
If you are currently a sworn officer in MA give me a PM. I have a fairly new (50 rounds through) 27 that is a 2005 model that is for sale.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Private sales are perfectly legal to any MA LTC-A holder (assuming both parties are MA Residents). Only MA Dealers are legally restricted from transferring handguns that don't meet the AG's requirements AND the EOPS List.

So, even if an officer purchased one on letterhead, as long as he's the legal owner, if he decides to sell it later he can do so to anyone with a MA LTC-A. Can't sell the LE restricted mags (or new hi-cap mags) to anyone but LE or FFL, however.

·
Subscribing Member
211 Posts
LenS";p="67601 said:
Private sales are perfectly legal to any MA LTC-A holder (assuming both parties are MA Residents). Only MA Dealers are legally restricted from transferring handguns that don't meet the AG's requirements AND the EOPS List.

So, even if an officer purchased one on letterhead, as long as he's the legal owner, if he decides to sell it later he can do so to anyone with a MA LTC-A. Can't sell the LE restricted mags (or new hi-cap mags) to anyone but LE or FFL, however.
Here in Nevada you don't need a LTC to buy a handgun,just a a valid NV drivers license, be over 18,and an FBI check.There's no "assault weapons" ban here and "LE restricted" hi cap mags are good to go.There is a permit for concealed carry.Nevada is a "shall issue" state otherwise open carry/glovebox carry is perfecty legal.Thank god I left Mass. and living in a free state now.

Semper Fi,

·
Registered
456 Posts
Sgt, yes I do except I almost never go into GD! I've been on AR15.com since before it was a forum (1998). I'm still on the "other AR15 eList" as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts