WTB: Equipment for the academy, big list! | MassCops

WTB: Equipment for the academy, big list!

Discussion in 'Police Duty Gear For Sale / Wanted' started by mschumann, Oct 28, 2009.

1. mschumann

mschumann MassCops Member

Im going to the up and coming academy and need alot of equipment. I have sponsorship from a chief but I am 100% financially responsible. So obviously it would be a great help if I could get some used equipment. If, not, if anyone could point me in the right direction as to where to purchase some of the items for cheap, it would be appreciated.

I have included a list below, if your looking to sell anything, please email [email protected] or PM me. Thanks!

I quickly subtracted the majority of the things I currently have, but if I missed something odd, please excuse me!

Ammunition pouch
    Ammunition, sidearm
    Belt, black/silver buckle
    Belt, department duty
    Binder, black, 3-ring, 3-inch
    Boots, black leather, high lace (no zippers) (size 10.5-11)
    Calculator, square root function
    Cap, black, baseball
    Cap, black, winter
    Cap, service
    Coat, rain,
    Dictionary, pocket size
    Duffel bag, black, large
    Face shield, one-way valve
    Firearms cleaning kit
    Flashlight, black
    Gloves, black (winter)
    Handcuffs, case, keys
    Holster*
    Jacket, patrol*
    OC, holder, (inert)
    Protective eye glasses (ballistic)
    Red gun
    Shirt, khaki, long sleeve (two) (winter)
    Sidearm, (firearms training only)*
    Tie, black, clip-on, department clasp
    Trousers, khaki (two)
    Uniform, department
    Vehicle, department cruiser (Emergency Driving class)
    Vest, body armor, bulletproof

*If department issued

I do have a ylon duty belt, however I am not sure yet, if they would requre me to get leather.

2. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

You know what sucks? Most of that equipment you'll only use once or never at all, but you'll need it for the first day inspection. In all seriousness, you may want to give the academy a call and let them know of your situation and see if there's anything that you can go without on the first day or buy as you go. You might take a little crap the first day, but half the stuff on you list I didn't need until I had a particular class or course of instruction.

Also, you may want to be specific on all the firearms related gear--i.e., size mag pouc, type of holster, etc.

One thing I DO NOT recommend is going to a police supply store ans asking them what you need--you'll get taken to the cleaners...much of thats stuff, however, it looks like you have no choice. Just don't go in there with a list that points a big red recruit arrow at you.

Your khaki uniforms are nothing more than Dickies janitor uniforms you can get at Wal Mart. For a flashlight, a simple maglight should be fine. In my academy, any black combat type or police boots will fly, as long as they can be spit shined.

3. mschumann

Thanks for the info, its a relief that about the dickies uniforms. Atleast I wont get murdered with those uniforms... Did nylon duty belts fly in the academy or is it leather only?

I figure, if I can get any piece of equipment, cheap or used. It will be worth it.

Ill try to get more specific info about the firearm etc too.

Thanks Alot

4. trueblue

trueblue MassCops Member

The academy should have a very specific equipment list so that everyone gets the same items. You should inquire.

5. Harley387

Harley387 MassCops Member

A nylon duty belt is fine. As with anything else that gets questioned, when you get to that first gear inspection, when the Instructor says : "What the hell is this??!! A NYLON duty belt??!!"" Your response shall be...."Sir, it's department issue, Sir!"

6. Curious EMT

Curious EMT Subscribing Member

I just posted a few duty gear items for sale. They're brand new. Basket weave. Asking ~1/3 the price of Galls.

7. Lookinforacopjob

Lookinforacopjob MassCops Member

I have a brand new baton for sale. Its normally about $140 but I am selling for $95. Send me a private message if you are interested.

8. Irish Wampanoag

Irish Wampanoag Subscribing Member

What is it made of gold?

9. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

Or adamantium?

10. mschumann

Thx again for all of the information. I have been able to get a few things in great condition 2nd hand. Still need alot though.

Hopefully Ill have more info on what type of holster I need in the
    next day or so.

11. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

I'd get on the ball with that. You might have to order your holster and red gun if you have an unusual model.

12. mschumann

Thanks it didn't even come to mind that those items may have to be ordered. All I know is that it's a .40 glock unknown model.

13. Unit23

Unit23 MassCops Member

If the chief is not providing you with a car for evoc, there are a couple of things you can do. I had a classmate rent a crown vic and another signed a written agreement with the chief that stated he was responsible for any damage to the cruiser. Also, If I were you i would take a few things off of that list that you probably want to buy new regardless of the price. Ie: Hats and boots (I don't want those used)

14. Lookinforacopjob

Lookinforacopjob MassCops Member

Guessing you haven't been shopping for gear recently. Monadnock 22" auto lock goes for $149 or more at Andrea's, AAA, and Doughboy. Check it out..

15. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Are you serious? My 26" Auto-Lock was $100 with the Hindi and the power tip. That was 3 years ago and clothing allowance took care of it but jeez, what a mar-up

16. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

From my experience, non-uniform equipment like batons can often be had much cheaper online. Some local shops will price gouge for the convenience factor.

17. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

That must be a royal marital aid.
    [​IMG]

18. Kem25

Kem25 New Member

What type of gun are you going to need a holster for. I have a Uncle Mikes Level three holster for a Glock 22/23 I want to get rid of it.