WTB asp 26 inch baton or monadnock 24 inch friction lock baton | MassCops

WTB asp 26 inch baton or monadnock 24 inch friction lock baton

Discussion in 'Police Duty Gear For Sale / Wanted' started by bigdog21, Aug 28, 2009.

1. bigdog21

bigdog21 MassCops Member

looking for replacement for an asp that i bent on the job as a security officer in fl

2. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Six Flags Security?

3. bigdog21

bigdog21 MassCops Member

no I work for a security agency in central fl.

4. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

How the hell did you manage bending an ASP? Did you use on a floor jack?

5. 5-0

5-0 Guest

work? or worked?

6. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Why do they keep saying that? "On the JOB" has an entirely different meaning in my circles.

7. bigdog21

bigdog21 MassCops Member

I bent it because the person i was defending myself against moved when i went to strike him and i hit a pole he was standing next to. i was aiming for his hands , he was holding a bat. We dont carry guns. I am still working for the same agency.

8. jedediah1

jedediah1 MassCops Member

i'll answer his question, i carry a 26" autolock. i'll sell it to you for five hundred bucks :)

friction ones get too frictioned IMO, i love my autolock

9. Nuke_TRT

Nuke_TRT Stirrer of the Pot

If you broke it in the performance of your duties, why wouldn't the company replace it? Especially if it's issued/authorized equipment.

10. bigdog21

bigdog21 MassCops Member

It authorized not issued and why they wont replace it is they are too cheap.

Why would there be? Thats what happened.

11. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

I don't buy it. I am trying to imagine this as you describe it, and it seems way too cartoon-like. Besides, it would take quite am impact to bend a real ASP, so you were either using a cheap imitation, or you are as strong as an ox.

12. Nuke_TRT

He probably works for Wackenhut/G4S (Wackmynuts)

13. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

LOL, Nuke. He transferred From New World AKA New Girl. Ah, the good old days. I am having flash-backs

14. Nuke_TRT

Yes, but we made almost double what you guys did, and did less work.

15. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

True. But it's water under the bridge now. I don't miss it. Particularly the red stripes

16. DEI8

DEI8 Supporting Member

Something pretty shady, I've used mine to pry the top of a door open so you can hit the unlock button with your low six antenna. Beat deer do death with it, Ain't never bent it yet.

Plus a bat 30 to 36 inches, your baton max 24 inches, almost like bringing a knife to a gun fight. A little out classed.

17. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Hey Nuke, remember this?[​IMG]

18. Nuke_TRT

Don't remind me, the only thing it was good for was taking the ice off my windshield before heading home.

19. screamineagle

screamineagle Masscops Therapist

So when you missed the guy with the Bat, how bad did he fucking whack you and how long were you unconcious for?

20. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

How bad were the stress fractures in your wrist?

21. NBPD

NBPD MassCops Member

bump

22. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

I find it hard to believe the baton bent. Because of the way both Friction Lock and Auto-Lock batons are designed. The weakest point is each of the “joints” (the holes in the very end of each sectional shaft that allows the retraction of the baton.)

Because of this it is far more likely that failure would occur at one of these points cracking the metal or bowing under the stress of a hard hit.

ASP air weight (aluminum) batons are notorious for this. They normally crack under high stress.

The baton may be tweaked but more than likely is not “Bent”

23. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

What he said ^^^

I think this whole story is a fabrication

24. Nuke_TRT

25. bigdog21

bigdog21 MassCops Member

There is a very slight bend at the joint which wont let the baton close. it not bend beyond repair im just gonna probably send it back to the factory didn't think it would be this much of a problem just asking if anyone had a spare they wanted to sell.