Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy an affordable .38 revolver and/or a level 3 holster for the .38 revolver.

I have Unrestricted MA LTC

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Its hard to say. My supervisor at work has a friend that is selling a .38, holster, speedloaders w/belt cases and rounds altogether for $300. From what I am told, that is a good deal.

Im just trying to look around and see if there are any cheaer options out there just to help me get by until I can afford better equipment.

Thanks

·
Subscribing Member
6,688 Posts
a S&W .38 with decent leather for $300 is a good price.

paid $250 for a used model S&W 13 with no accessories a few years back

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,712 Posts
Its hard to say. My supervisor at work has a friend that is selling a .38, holster, speedloaders w/belt cases and rounds altogether for $300. From what I am told, that is a good deal.

Im just trying to look around and see if there are any cheaer options out there just to help me get by until I can afford better equipment.

Thanks
Dude!

You've been looking for sometime...Just buy it now and get to work
:D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely motivated now to suck it up, be poor for a week or two and buy the .38. I was on duty as a special in Boston the other night (unarmed working w/ an armed officer) and we went on a call that two young kids were walking around w/out adult supervision around midnight... On the same street the local gang hangs out no less.

Long story short, we are walking back to the car and shots fired not even 75ft away... Another gang trying to take out this particular gang that was hanging out on the street we were on. 8 shots w/ a .45 cal.... Thank god no one was hit...

How do I add a "wtb bullet proof vest" to this thread too!

Be careful of a good deal. While most are on the level sometimes it's only a good deal for the seller. You can buy a revolver for a hundred bucks, only problem is you may wind up with a hundred dollar paperweight.

Go to a gun store, hold a few, find what feels comfortable, if your friend wants to sell you his gun get a box of ammo, bring it to a range and put a few dozen rounds through it.

People do more research and testing when buying a car and that just brings you from point "a" to point "b". Why cut corners to save $20 when it comes to a gun?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts