Wounded Warrior Soldier Ride Boston | MassCops

Wounded Warrior Soldier Ride Boston

Discussion in 'Fundraisers & Charity Events' started by JC19, Aug 15, 2011.

1. JC19

JC19 MassCops Member

This August, I am riding 45 miles to support the Wounded Warrior Project’s Second Annual Soldier Ride in Boston. On behalf of Wounded Warrior Project (WWP), it is my privilege to invite you to join Boston in honoring and empowering wounded warriors by helping me meet my fundraising goal. WWP is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing programs and services designed to meet the unique physical, emotional, financial, and educational needs of returning wounded service members and their families. WWP’s vision is to foster the most successful, well-adjusted generation of wounded warriors in our nation’s history, and you can help!
    Soldier Ride is one of WWP’s key rehabilitative initiatives, and is an adaptive cycling event that allows warriors to ride alongside fellow injured service members to reclaim their confidence and strength in a supportive environment. This inspiring cycling event also presents an opportunity to engage the public in riding alongside some of our courageous wounded warriors while raising funds to support programs offered by WWP.

Tragically, more than 40,000 members of our nation’s armed forces have been physically wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan, while studies estimate that more than 300,000 will suffer the effects of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and traumatic brain injury (TBI). These men and women of the US Armed Forces have responded with courage and resolve to the needs of our country. This is your opportunity to give back alongside other members of the Boston community.

I would be so grateful for your sponsorship! It is the goal of all Honor Riders to fundraise $2,000. Every dollar you give will go to support WWP programs and services, ensuring we fulfill our goal to make this the most successful, well-adjusted generation of wounded warriors in our nation’s history.

Please allow me, on behalf of the Wounded Warrior Project, to express my extreme gratitude for your support!

Sincerely,
    Jason Callahan

To donate :
    1) Go to soldierride.org
    2) Click on “Find a Ride”
    3) Scroll down to August’s Boston Ride and click on “Learn More”
    4) Click on “Sponsor Participant”
    5) First Name : “Jason ” / Last Name : “Callahan”
    6) Enter your donation!

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hey Jason,
    Was fun riding with you and your friends. Thanks for your support. Helped me get through the last half of the ride. Hope you guys got the burger and dogs you were jonesing for. Take care, Andrea