Wounded Boston police officer MBTA Dic Donohue Fundraising Posts & medical updates | MassCops

Wounded Boston police officer MBTA Dic Donohue Fundraising Posts & medical updates

Discussion in 'Fundraisers & Charity Events' started by kwflatbed, May 4, 2013.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Wounded Boston police officer MBTA Dic Donohue
    Good Morning Friends! Our campaign on Indiegogo for Dic Donohue has come to an end! Together We (The People) have raised $81,306 for an American Police Officer who put his life on the line on our own soil in the fight against terrorists. Our friends at the MBTA (Dic's department) are still continuing to fundraise for Dic and his family at www.OfficerRichardDonohue.com . So far they have raised over $100,000 as well!!! We will keep you up to date with Dic's progress over these next tough months. Thank you all!!! - Ron Hull and the VMI Class of 2002
    [​IMG]
    Home Page
    www.officerRichardDonohue.com
    Check out http://officerricharddonohue.com! Home Page

USMCMP5811 and USM C-2 like this.
  2. kwflatbed

3. kwflatbed

USMCMP5811 and right.as.rain like this.
  4. kwflatbed

5. kwflatbed

So excited for Dic and Kim!!! We'll be watching!!!
    [​IMG]
    Kim Donohue
    I am so excited to announce that Dic has been asked to wave the flag for the Bruins Game 3, Wednesday night! It has been a long 6 weeks with a lot of ups and downs, and it is finally time for Dic to have some fun and get out of a hospital setting, even if for only 1 night! I am so unbelievably proud of my husband and couldn't be happier that he gets to show his true BOSTON pride! Sean, the first wave of that flag will be for you.

6. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Please post stuff not having to do with fundraisers on behalf of or Officer's Donohue recovery in the Shop Talk -> War Stories AAR thread. Thanks everyone. :)

kwflatbed likes this.
  7. kwflatbed

LGriffin and frank like this.
  8. topcop14

topcop14 Subscribing Member

Glad to hear he is heading home. This will be the first good night sleep his wife has had in over a month.

9. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

Officer Donohue is one of the "Best Photos Of The Week" on the Chive.

[​IMG]

RZero, HuskyH-2 and USMCMP5811 like this.
  10. kwflatbed

Wounded Boston police officer MBTA Dic Donohue
    From Kim Donohue- "Last night was one of our favorite evenings , it was a very special opportunity for Dic to be able to guest conduct at the Boston Pops, there was such positive energy and smiles backstage and onstage such a great crowd with so many in their Collier-Strong t-shirts. We also got to meet Scott Brown and his wife Gail Huff. As you can tell from my dimpled cheeks I couldn't be smiling any harder if I tried. The orchestra also gave Dic a standing applause backstage when he crutched off. What a magical night with a great community of people. And yes, Scott Brown smells like freshly chopped pine wood and manly men's cologne, just as I had always imagined. Dic managed to mention to mention my crush to him...thanks hubs. So if this whole 'police' thing doesn't work out, maybe he has a job as a conductor in his future?"
    [​IMG]

topcop14 likes this.
  11. kwflatbed

12. kwflatbed

13. kwflatbed

Richard Donohue Jr. celebrates gift

It’s Christmas Day, and Richard “Dic” Donohue Jr. has the greatest gift of all this year.
    His life.
    “I made it. I made it to Christmas — and feeling better,” Donohue said at his Woburn home, his wife, Kim, at his side.
    The MBTA Transit Police officer nearly lost his life in April after taking a bullet to his groin during a gun battle as law enforcement officials closed in on the Boston Marathon bombing suspects — the Tsarnaev brothers — in Watertown.
    This Christmas, Donohue is grateful “to be alive,” surrounded by his family and friends.
    And there’s one little boy who’s going to have a very special Christmas. That’s the couple’s 15-month-old son, Richie. Donohue, 33, bought his son a sled and can’t wait for him to open it.
    “My son had his first birthday not too long ago — and I’m sure, just because of how much we’ve all been through, we’re going to spoil him rotten this year,” said the doting dad.

Video: http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...am/2013/12/richard_donohue_jr_celebrates_gift

14. kwflatbed

Dic Donohue promoted, returning to active duty
    Donohue gravely injured in Watertown shootout
    Published 9:14 AM EDT May 15, 2015

Photos
    [​IMG]

BOSTON —MBTA Police Officer Dic Donohue will be returning to active duty.

Donohue was nearly killed in the 2013 shootout with the marathon bombers in Watertown.

He will also be promoted to sergeant in a ceremony on Friday.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/dic-donohue-promoted-returning-to-active-duty/33039882

Ghost12345, HuskyH-2 and Goose like this.
  15. kwflatbed

FTH likes this.
  16. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

Thats awesome Dic, good to have you back, and you will make a great boss. You should of talked to me and Dave S. before you took the promotion ! Good luck Sgt. Dic!! Great name for a boss! I guess we need to have another party for you...LOL