Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
If you don't have vet status or residency preference, or a hell of a hook, you'll probably find several hundred people ahead of you on the list, no matter what you get. Smaller towns = less candidates for the dept.

·
Registered
135 Posts
reno911_2004";p="57842 said:
If you don't have vet status or residency preference, or a hell of a hook, you'll probably find several hundred people ahead of you on the list, no matter what you get. Smaller towns = less candidates for the dept.
They still have major financial problems there as well.

·
Registered
115 Posts
you can pick them and see where you end up on the list. if you are too low you can change your picks down the road.

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
One good way to go about this is to email some officers of Cheifs from smaller towns until you find one that is looking to hire a few from the list. I'm from the south shore so i would be looking into places like Avon, Halifax, Plympton, Hanson, Carver... ect.

How about Brookline? I know hire at least 5 a year off the list but i would think a large portion of their population are students and business people

·
Registered
150 Posts
If your not a resident you dont have a chance! I scored well last time and was 115 on Carver. Stick with your home town. (Hanson is not civil service.)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Springfield still has a lot of people on the layoff list. Those people still need to be hired back. I would not wait for springfield to call for a regular list anytime soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.