Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does it mean when a Trooper says "my line something" like "line partner" or "line buddy".

Is that the same thing at a "stick buddy" in jump school, as in you both went to the same class? or does that mean you both work the same shift or at the same location.

thanks.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It's usually referred to as a "Line Mate"...and it's the people you work all of your four days with.. You always take care of your line mates because everyone else you only work two days with.

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
We work a schedule of 4 on, 2 off, with several troopers assigned to one of three "lines", obviously so we all don't have the same days off. A "line mate" or "line partner" works the same 4 days on as you do, so you see him or her more than the other Troopers at the barracks. Also, Troopers tend to cluster together with their classmates, the people they attended the academy with.

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They look great, that little baby is cute as a button and friendly to boot.
At some point it would be great if we could get together. My wife loves horses and is dying to get one of those PMU babies. We were going to try and get one this year but it didn't work out.

When she went to Tuft's vet school, they would bring in some PMU babies every year from Manitoba check them out and place them in farms as companion animals for other horses, I think that's when the bug really bit her.

dfc2502";p="54019 said:
SOT, I see you met my "line mate" the other day. So, how do our horses look?

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure. I hope she will get a couple and be done with it. The food will be free, the barn is there, the medical care is free, I guess the farrier will cost something a month. She doesn't want lessons or anything at this point so we will see.

Do you think there might be a chance that I could drop by again with her and show her that baby?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.