Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, anyone work for Worcester DMH police @ Worcester State Hospital? Are they going to be closing that place or not? I know it's been up in the air for a while. Anyone know what the deal is?

·
Registered
43 Posts
as far as i know Worcester is not going to close for a wile they are going to bulid a new place befor they can close that place down that is what i heard

·
Subscribing Member
1,322 Posts
A few years ago WSH was going to be shut down and the property sold off. The problem was that the property WSH is on was donated to the state as long as the state maintains a hospital for the mentally ill there. Essentially this means if the state ever closes WSH they forfeit the property and it goes back to the estate of the person who donated it originally.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I did not know that the property was donated that sucks for the state cant sell the grounds like they would like to so what are they going to do know with the building. are they going to build a knew place some time .

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know that there was talk of closing it and the DMH PD guys would either be laid off or sent to another facility, but shortly after that, I saw that they opened 2 or 3 more positions there. That was a couple years ago, I havent heard anything about them since.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's probably not a bad job, but I'm happy with my Fed job. Maybe when I retire, working from just one office would be nice, no more field office's.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I do know that the pay sucks it is only 22.000$ thoundeds dollars a year to start and you max out at 27.000$ and you are unarmed for that much money i would not work campus police but that is just me

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
Dude, seriously...Spellcheck. I'm not disrespecting your opinions on anything but you sound like a Bobo.

·
Still [] Square
195 Posts
I worked in that department a few years back. It was a great job; just little to no campus police work; mostly forensic transports. It is a great state job for a 40-50 something person who wants less stress and state bennies. I needed more.

Big ups to Wusta State *whoop-whoop

·
Registered
43 Posts
I worked in Boston for the DMH and it was more security work than police work . I just don't understand why they cant just combine the DPH with the DMH and make them the dept of public safety and have them patrol all state building.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.