Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Frank Beshai

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Worcester County Sheriffs Election

6K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  PBC FL Cop 
#1 ·
I've been reading in the Worcester Papers about the upcoming Election for Worcester County Sheriff. I don't know if anyone has been following the news, but it looks like it should be an interesting election. The incumbent Sheriff - 77-year-old John "Mike" Flynn (D) has be in office for 24 years with over 40 in the department. His democratic challenger State Senator Guy Glodis (D) worked as a Correction Officer for a couple of years. Bill McCarthy (R) is a College Professor and former Connecticut State Trooper and Correction Officer. Also running is Frank Beshai (I), former inmate of the Worcester County H.O.C.

I'm curious about how MASSCOPS would vote.

#27 ·
Yeah, I'm for Flynn here. Flynn is much more in the mindset of what we/PD's expect from the County SO's Office as far as services. He has the background and experience, unlike Glodis. I just can't come to terms with voting for someone with a half notch above zilch for related experience (such as Glodis). Glodis' hands are too dirty already. He recently sent out campaign letters with his name and title as Worcester County Sheriff, and in very fine print it said "Elect". Very misleading, which would make unaware folks think he is already sheriff and those folks might think they are voting for him as re-election. Nevermind the Webster incident and "forged signature" bit. He is a fraud and a 2 faced BS artist.

What I liked in our recent meeting with Flynn was that he never once made a promise other than "we will only be on your turf, if you call us" referring to a variety of special services/divisions. He encouraged use to feel free to contact WCSO if we needed any services including cells (and Q5 cells). He is aware of many folks/PO's that are concerned with deputies taking on patrols and he made it clear, "we will only be on your turf, if you call us, ask us to come" otherwise there will not be any patrols. He was open and genuine.

#28 ·
RPD931, You and I have agreed on a lot of things, but this time I have to disagree with you. FLYNN only wants to tell you what you want to hear right now. There is no question that if your not a relative, your not getting anything out of his organization. Glodis is no different. Daddy got him his job at the jail and he has the nerve to throw crap at Flynn.

Take a look at McCarthy, the Republican. He is a man that IS a cop. He has the education and experience to do the job.

#29 ·
BPD747 @ Mon 12 Jul said:
RPD931, You and I have agreed on a lot of things, but this time I have to disagree with you. FLYNN only wants to tell you what you want to hear right now. There is no question that if your not a relative, your not getting anything out of his organization. Glodis is no different. Daddy got him his job at the jail and he has the nerve to throw crap at Flynn.

Take a look at McCarthy, the Republican. He is a man that IS a cop. He has the education and experience to do the job.
I agree with you 100%, McCarthy would be the best choice for Sheriff. Unfortunately he's not a politician and thats hurting him, which really should be helping him. If the people really want to take politics out of the sheriffs office then STOP electing politicians and start electing trained, educated lawmen !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.