Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opened my mail tonight and got a letter from the City clerk. After a year and two months of being at BEMA and going through the steps of canadate member, probie member and the last two months as a full member I am finally getting sworn in on Monday night. :D :D :D

:baby01: :baby13: :BNANA: :GNANA: :DB:

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beverly EMA

I will be doing what I have been doing for the last year.
We do EMS, forest firefighting( not much), teaching thecert classes,police assits, rescue,fire dept. assits provideing command posts and rehab services alot of details etc etc.

We also do the not so glorious task of pump outs, DPW assits,lighting scenes,shelters in disasters,storm standbys etc.
A good example of a DPW assit was when we had that huge rain storm come through Mass. last march the DPW was overwhelmed with the amount of pump out calls. Me and another guy drove around in the utility trucks pumping out basements all night.

Because we share the same base as FEMA and the director is the director of both agencys we have acceses to ces-v's and alot of special eqiupment. We have provided electricity to buildings like schools and other city buildings----even the Lynn police station once. We have a couple truck mounted genorators.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.