Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LONDON (Reuters) - A woman struck by a hit and run car driver in northern England said she was told off by a police officer for using the F-word to describe the driver -- "fat."
Mary Magilton, 54, suffered cuts and bruises after being hit by the car which mounted the pavement while she was chatting with friends in Oldham and then drove off, newspapers reported on Friday.
She reported the incident but was ticked off by a police officer when she said the driver of the car was a "fat" woman.

"I was given a frosty look and told I couldn't say that. I could have said lardy, porky or podgy. But I wouldn't dare use those words," the Daily Mirror quoted her as saying.

A spokeswoman for Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said the description recorded on the police log of the incident did include the word "fat."

"I don't think she was severely reprimanded," the spokeswoman said, adding GMP had a policy to ensure officers used "appropriate language" that would not cause offence.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
They are little to anal over there. There was a story last year where a bobby got in the shit for passing gas in a womans flat (i think that's what they call it). He was there to take a report and unexpectedly relieved the pressure building up within. :) . Needless to say she was offended enough to file a complaint.

·
Registered
17,747 Posts
Cindy what do you think of this? Over reaction? Do people really take large offense to such things?

·
Alien Member
17,557 Posts
lol Gil u are right the British are very anal not just a bit!!

She has received an apologetic phone call from the police since the incident

She said the officer gave her a frosty look! What kind of look is that?

It's just annoying when every opportunity to slate the police is taken, these officers
work there arses off to help people sleep safe in their beds,

fair enough they aren't 100% successful but they try their best.
I just wish the papers would spend some time seeing what real decent
police officers spend their day doing and report some good for once, help improve
the image of the police and maybe with this help and gaining more public trust the
police will be more successful in tackling crime. Remember the Police need the
help of the general public to Police effectively, without their information they
would all but cease to function in an investigative role and end up being simply
a deterrent.

police officers have to implement silly linguistic prohibitions, or they
would lose their jobs if they did not do so.. if a police officer called
a member of the public fat they would be reported.. and disciplined!

gone are the days when u could just come out and say hey u fat asshole spread em!!

lol

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I'll thank you not to refer to these "calorically challenged" citizens as "fat". Out in Troop B we lovingly refer to them as "economy sized"...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.