Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woman sexually assaulted while jogging

BOSTON -- Police are searching for a man who assaulted a woman while she was jogging in Somerville last week.
The 28-year-old female was assaulted by a stranger at the Sacramento Street pedestrian underpass at approximately 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, according to Somerville police.

Police said that she was able to get away from the suspect after a brief struggle.

The suspect is described as a white male, 40-years-old, around 5 feet 11 inches to 6 feet tall, about 180 pounds with a medium build. He is believed to have light brown, slightly curly hair.

At the time of the attack, he was riding an old looking bicycle, and was wearing jeans and a baseball cap.​
"Keep a cell phone handy," urged Captain Paul Upton of the Somerville Police Department. "It's always nice to have a partner with you. Other things can happen. Be aware of your surroundings."

Residents in the area are advised to avoid traveling along late at night when possible.

Anyone with information is asked to call Cambridge Police at 617-349-3300.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO88186/

·
Subscribing Member
1,198 Posts
Even if I could jog, I wouldn't jog through that in daylight - that's creepy looking!
I grew up right around there in the 1970's. The "tunnel" was always full of broken glass and smelled like urine and beer.

Plus the lights were always smashed out by the neighborhood youths.

I would rather cross the tracks above then go through it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts