Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Video: Mother Pleads For Daughter's Return

DOVER, N.H. -- A woman from Dover said she is fighting to get her daughters back after the girl's father took them out of the country.

Roberta Lima said she last saw her daughters, 9-year-old Dominique and 7-year-old Pietra, on Aug. 22. Lima said the girl's father, Cloves DePiante, was supposed to take them to Massachusetts for a weekend visit, but instead forged paperwork to get them out of the country.

Lima said DePiante is from Brazil and believes the girls were taken there. She said she's confident the girls are safe with their father, but wants them home in New Hampshire. Dover police have issued a warrant for DePiante on two counts of interference with custody.
Lima is currently working state and local officials as well as the FBI to get the girls back.

A Website, bringthegirlshome.com, has been set up to aid Lima. The Center for Missing and Exploited Children also has a posting on the girls.

http://www.wmur.com/news/17614984/detail.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
How about some facts: HE was here illegally, mom was NOT. The fact of the matter is that those two girls are UNITED STATES citizens, born and raised. Two months ago the mother filed a petition to revoke any visitation rights, a MA judge DENIED the petition and is now saying "it's a NH case now". This could have been ANY of our children. A non US citizen forged documents to assign himself power of attorney for the mother, falsified birth certificates and passports to get those girls out of the country. In a post 911 world this is scary. I'm guessing by your insensitivity that you don't have any children, nieces or nephews, or grandchildren, or close friends with children. Imagine a 7 & 8 year old, who have never been out of the US, in a foreign country where they don't speak the language, don't have their mother, and are not starting school to see their friends like they expected. Imagine a mother who has become an empty shell because her house that was filled with the laughter of her two daughters that she loved more than anything is quiet and empty. Imagine a mother that takes cold showers because all of her paychecks go to paperwork that she fills out daily to get her girls back. I'm mad as hell that this was allowed to happen and I pray as a mother that she gets those girls back safe. If someone kidnapped a child close to you that wasn't from this country would you dismiss it?

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Yeah...thats all he said was he bets ONE was here illegally...and he won the bet..one was here illegally and if we as a nation would crack down on illegals that wouldnt have happened...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, congrats to him for winning "the bet". He also wins the most insensitive award for the "why doesn't mom go back with them" comment.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,756 Posts
How about mom go back with em....I'll take odds one or both of em is here illegally.
Ahhh....
Costanza, JAP is a big boy and doesn't need you to be inaccurate in your defense of him. Someone took his post personally, so just let it go at that O.K.?
;)

·
Super Moderator
12,599 Posts
I guess Im just tired of hearing about all these luckless "victims". I do feel horrible for the kids as they are the ones that suffer the irresponsible decisions of adults.... You know like having children with illegal aliens, having children they cannot afford to support and then expecting the government (paying, workiing citizens) to support them from cradle to grave! ...or is she the one excemption that isnt on section 8,healthy kids,foodstamps,medicaid,and an ebt card in her wallet?
ps; thanks anyways costanza but I can take care of myself

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,508 Posts
Dad is a jerk and a scuzball but the way things are, the girls will be back anyway. At least I hope for their sake it's sooner than later.

Isn't kidnapping a way of life down there?

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Woman Gains Custody Of Daughters Brought To Brazil

DOVER, N.H. -- Dover police said custody of two girls who were brought to Brazil by their father has been restored to their mother.

Roberta Lima told News 9 that she last saw her daughters, 9-year-old Dominique and 7-year-old Pietra, on Aug. 22. Lima said the girl's father, Cloves DePiante, was supposed to take them to Massachusetts for a weekend visit, but instead forged paperwork to get them out of the country.

Lima said she believed the girls were taken to Brazil.
A few weeks ago, Lima went to Brazil, tracked down the girls and went through the process to gain custody of the girls in that country.

A Brazilian court awarded Lima custody of the girls.

Lima said she hopes to have the girls back in New Hampshire in a couple of days.

http://www.wmur.com/news/17930194/detail.html

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kidnapped Daughters Head Home From Brazil

Dover Mother Travels To Brazil To Bring Daughters Home

Video: Dover Mother Travels To Brazil To Bring Daughters Home

DOVER, N.H. -- An international custody battle ranging from the New Hampshire seacoast to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, could soon have a happy ending.

Dover mother Roberta Lima has been reunited with her two young daughters who were illegally taken to Brazil in August by their father.

Dominique Depiante, 8-years-old and Pietra Depianti 7-years-old were found by Brazilian investigators and now Lima is in the country trying to bring them back to Dover.
If he ever returns to the United States the girls' father, Cloves Depiante, faces two arrest warrants.

For now everyone is hoping Roberta Lima and the girls can come home sometime next week.

http://www.wmur.com/news/17940656/detail.html

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NH Mom Returns From Brazil With Daughters

DOVER, N.H. -- A Dover mother and her two daughters are together and back in the United States nearly three months after the father took the children to Brazil and didn't return.

Extended Video:

Mother Describes Getting Daughters Back |

Girls Meet Friends, Family At Airport

Roberta Lima, along with 8-year-old Domminique and 7-year-old Pietra, arrived at Logan International Airport around 1 p.m. Wednesday amid a flurry of friends and family.
The girls were last seen on Aug. 22 after their estranged father, Cloves Depianti, allegedly took them to his homeland of Brazil.

Since then, state and federal legislators teamed with Dover police and the FBI to help Lima retrieve her daughters.

The family was reunited last Friday after Brazilian police, acting on court orders, kicked in the door of Depianti's sister's house and found the girls.

Depianti remained in Brazil, the subject of two arrest warrants out of Dover and the Strafford County Attorney's Office alleging interference of custody, a felony.

http://www.wmur.com/news/17966147/detail.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts