Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woman Due In Court Oct. 23

WEST HARTFORD, Conn. -- Realtor Adrian Prevalla said that when he returned to his office after meeting with a client, he felt dizzy, blacked out and felt his heart begin to race and his blood pressure rise.

"The only thing different about that morning compared to most of the other mornings was that he had a piece of cake at a client's house," said West Hartford Police Capt. Paul Melanson.

As Prevalla was rushed to the hospital, said Melanson, a co-worker called homeowner Nancy Glass to ask about the cake.

"The co-worker called to see if there was anything in the cake that could have caused an allergic reaction, and the woman stated that her daughter had put marijuana in the cake," said Melanson.

By the time police got to the home on Greenbrier Drive, Melanson said, the gingerbread cake was already down the garbage disposal, but Glass admitted she baked the cake that morning and said sorry.

"She apologized for it," said Melanson. "She didn't mean for him to get sick on it, didn't mean for it to happen, but the cake was baked that morning, so it's not like 'I forgot.'"

The big question now, police said, is why this happened. They said they have no motive yet, and the only clue they have is a police report that shows officers were at the address in September on a report of mental health issues.

"There is no apparent motive, he's been trying to sell her house for a couple months now," said Melanson. "There's never been an issue. There's no apparent motive that we could find here."

Police said they did find a couple of cake crumbs in the trash. They're waiting on lab results from those crumbs and blood and urine samples taken at the hospital for answers, they said.

"Marijuana normally wouldn't cause the reaction that he had, so we're looking to see if there was anything else," said Melanson.

But police don't expect Glass to face any more charges. She's due in court Oct. 23.

http://www.wfsb.com/news/17689879/detail.html

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Wow, I have heard about people putting it in brownies, but not cake. I will have to watch what I eat when I go over friends houses from now on.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
I was thinking the same thing...pot would not make you pass out...I would take a drug test because there was something much stronger in it..

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
Maybe she baked some X or roofies into it, or as the old timers say "slipped him a mickey"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts