Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard anything about the Wolfeboro, NH Police Department? I'm going for the physical next week and was just curious if anything negative was heard about that area. Also, what are the physical requirements up there besides the cow tipping and steaming patty toss! :uc:

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,658 Posts
Hey Now!

Don't kid yourself. Wolfeboro is a Jammin town in the summer, and also in the winter. The area has been built up over the years. It's not some weed-patch on the Canadian border. I think Wolfboro P.D. has Boats and other cool equipment.
:wink:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Wolfeboro is awesome... I have a summer house on the other side of Winnipesaukee and that place is a blast in both the summer and the winter - as long as you have the right toys. If you get hired, save up and make sure you get a waverunner or boat, and a snowmobile or ice house.

-Mike

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for the reply guys! That does sound pretty cool! Actually I had been looking up info online about the town and it seemed to be a pretty nice place. I was suprised to learn that they only had 11 Officers for the whole department though! Waterfront property and a couple of wave runners definately sounds good to me! [-o<

·
Registered
252 Posts
Now your talkin Duke.... get yourself some waterfront property on some lake somewhere and we'll get the FL girls up there for a little skinning dipping party!!!!!!!!!!! :hump: \:D/ :t:

·
Registered
14 Posts
My family has a house on Lake Wentworth in Wolfeboro... it is a beautiful area! Except during BIKE WEEK (EVERY JUNE)... then be ready for 16 Hours EVERY DAY of dealing with several tens of thousands of Hells Angels (who all LOVE police officers as we know). They travel to the ALTON/LACONIA/WOLFEBORO area to drink, drug and drive their bikes at all hours of the night! Be ready for non-stop CC Calls about noise, sex in public places, drinking, etc.

Other than this rant, it really is a great town to vacation in during the Summer. Winter time is another story! The WPD, WFD and EMS all share a common facility directly across the street from the only hospital in town. And if you like to golf, they have 2 terrific golf courses in town!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MuniCop-

Thanks! I hope I get the job too! I took the physical and went in front of the board. Both went really well. As far as I know, only 7 people were interviewed. When I went down there to take the physical, they told us (all 7 of us) that the oral board was the next day. Talk about last minute. It has been just over a week. Unfortunately, I forgot to ask them when they would be making a decision but they did say they were looking to fill two positions, one of which was a grant position. Since this was my first "real" board interview, any advise as to what is too soon to inquire back about any decision they made! I can't imagine that they would not give someone the job just for inquiring! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Never mind my previous post. The positioned has already been filled...and so on to the next interview I go... #-o

·
Registered
561 Posts
DUKE, sorry to hear you were passed over. Best of luck with the next interview(s); be patient and your turn will come!

-Mike

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey thanks Mike. I guess I can't get to upset over it, that being my first "real" interview. I'm just fine putting in my time in a not so great department like a lot of others around here. :beer:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.