Woburn police officer, suspect shot | Page 9 | MassCops

Woburn police officer, suspect shot

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by cc3915, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

All of them, all of the time...

2. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Got the LE rep at ESS to ship out a few items as a way to raise funds to donate to Woburn PD/Officer Maguire's family. Thinking a raffle might be the easiest way/most sucessfull. Looking for some advice on the best way to organize it. Any tips suggestions? Would we have enough people at the M&G to do it there, or is online better? $5, $10 bucks an entry?

3. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Mayor seeks dismissal of those who freed killer

Woburn officials to speak out today

[​IMG]

In 2008, the Parole Board freed Dominic Cinelli . Cinelli fatally shot Officer
    John Maguire on Dec. 26 and was then killed when Maguire shot back.
    (Parole Board)

By Stephanie Ebbert

Globe Staff / January 6, 2011

WOBURN — Mayor Scott D. Galvin is calling for the ouster of the members of the state Parole Board who released the career criminal who officials say killed Woburn police Officer John Maguire the day after Christmas.
    With police and local political leaders, as well as the late officer’s brother, Charles, the Woburn mayor plans to speak out against the Parole Board today at an afternoon press conference where he will also thank the community for its outpouring of support.
    “Anything short of the forced resignation of those Parole Board members would be disappointing and would send a bad message to everybody,’’ Galvin said in an interview yesterday. “That’s basically going to be my message — and gratitude to everybody who helped out in these trying times.’’

Full Story:
    Woburn mayor to seek dismissal of those who freed officer’s killer - The Boston Globe

4. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

Keep up the pressure. You know Patrick and his fellow moonbats are standing by, waiting for this issue to die. I am surprised the Globe is still printing anything about this. I figured the end of the world, I mean snow for this Saturday, would be front page.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

5. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

Heads on a fucking platter.

6. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

We picketed the Governor's Conference at Fenway Park with record numbers of pissed-off cops; if we could get even 1/4 of that number at the homes of the parole board members......

7. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Parole Board scandal overshadows inauguration

Today’s inauguration of Gov. Deval Patrick was overshadowed by the continuing scandal at the Parole Board, as leaders on Beacon Hill demanded the panel halt all work as the tragic killing of a cop is probed.

Also in Woburn today, the outrage was taken a step further with the demand that every member of the board quit or be fired in the wake of the Dec. 26 killing of officer John “Jack” Maguire.

Woburn Mayor Scott Galvin, flanked by more than 75 police chiefs from across the state and the brother of the slain officer, called on the Parole Board members to resign.

Parole Board scandal overshadows inauguration - BostonHerald.com

[​IMG]

8. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

+1

I'll take a sick day. I can probably get some members from NES to go as well.

9. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

BOSTON -- After dozens of lawmen in Woburn demanded their resignations, members of the embattled state parole board agreed to halt paroles until they can complete an investigation into the release of a convict police say killed an officer the day after Christmas.The board will halt all parole releases until its review into the decision to release Dominic Cinelli is finished, according to the Boston Herald.
    http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/26398385/detail.html

10. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Im sorry, maybe you didn't hear us correctly
    FUCKING RESIGN YOUR HACK JOB AND HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME

11. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

They are probably having PIs (or Globe "reporters") doing some digging to find a way to blame the police, and even Officer Maguire. They'll tie in his pay somehow, also.

12. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Nope, I don't believe they feel they are culpable and may even blame someone else. Potentially even Officer Maguire.

I'll only say this one more time, THREE LIFE SENTENCES! When his request it should have been tossed in the circular file IMMEDIATELY due to his THREE LIFE SENTENCES!

Damn these idiots and may they all rot in hell, those totally irresponsible nitwits. They can claim he made all sorts of promises and showed what a reformed piece of shit he was, but the simple fact that they even CONSIDERED looking at a chance for parole for a guy with THREE LIFE SENTENCES makes me want to puke-ON THEIR SHOES!

---------- Post added at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 ----------

13. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

14. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

15. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

The Valley Patriot is a great paper and very pro police/military. It now publishes a supplement called Beyond The Badge. The publisher is not afraid to call it as he sees it.

16. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Tom Duggan wrote and excellent, factual report. I just wish there were more like him in the media.

17. blueline990

blueline990 New Member

18. Simon

Simon Guest

19. Kilvinsky

I've seen that Soveriegn Citizens film before. Scary bunch of total wingnut whackjobs.

20. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

They must watch Fox.

21. kwflatbed

Brothers in crime, bound for brutal end

They were sons of the old Maverick Square projects, and sons of a Boston policeman. It took 4 decades, and a bullet, to finally bring the Cinelli boys down.

[​IMG]
    Brothers Domenic and Arthur Cinelli grew up in East Boston’s Maverick project,
    which, in the 1960s and ’70s, was a last-ditch stop for the poor and the desperate.
    (Tom Landers/ Globe Staff/ File 2003)

Globe Staff / January 30, 2011

This story was reported by Maria Cramer, Shelley Murphy, Michael Rezendes, and Jonathan Saltzman of the Globe staff. It was written by Rezendes.

As a teenager, Domenic S. Cinelli was already well-known for the drugs he craved and the trouble he caused. But his name took on legendary status on a day in the late 1960s when he led an East Boston policeman on a foot chase toward the neighborhood’s aging waterfront, and the officer fired a warning shot.
    “It was the first time I heard a gun go off,’’ recalled Frank Renzulli, a neighbor in the old Maverick Square public housing project who knew the sprawling Cinelli family, including “Dommie,’’ as he was known, and his younger brother, Arthur.

Full Story:
    Brothers in crime, bound for brutal end - The Boston Globe

22. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

More ink for the goddamn criminal. F him, he should fade away into obscurity but no, these flippin rags are going to make him notorious. Hopefully they'll create copycats... Asshole reporters.. Next time ya buzzards, try writing about the guy that actually contributed something worthy to society...

23. Kilvinsky

I gotta disagree. I think this story (Which didn't let me past page 4 unless I registered) showed just what a POS this guy was. Every clown who whines about how such and such a criminal is trying to turn his life around, and blah blah blah, should read this. How many times does this story show the two of them would get back on track for a few days and then BAM! right back into crime.

These scumbags have to be shown for exactly what they are, USELESS. Either warehouse them in a prison, or start executing them because as is made very clear by this story, you can't rehabilitate these things.

Shit can become fertilizer, but THIS type of shit isn't useful for ANYTHING.

If someone commits a crime, even some violent ones, and proves a serious effort is being made to make ammends, I'm not against giving a second chance, maybe even a third with very serious conditions, but someone like these two, NOPE, useless piles of human waste that'll NEVER be fixed, never fit in, never ammount to anything worthwhile and should NEVER be allowed back into society.

But unless the public is reminded of just what these douchebags are all about, you'll still hear demands for prison reform, light sentencing, parole, etc.

Three VIOLENT FELONIES and you NEVER see the light of day again...PERIOD!

The ONLY reason that bunch of morons on the parole board are gone now is because the public found out about this filth's past and DEMANDED they go. The publicity about his crimes (Sadly AFTER Officer Maguire lost his life) and the public's reaction is what made that IDIOT in the governors office dump them. Nothing else.

24. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Want to read about these shitstains? Wait for the book.. Many years down the road..

Want to read about someone that led a life of crime and should have just been executed when he was but a lad? Read about Willie Boskett..

Stop giving these assholes press. It only gives them the recognition they desire, and encourages the copycats..

25. kwflatbed

3 Indicted In Officer's Shooting Death

Maguire Killed During Department Store Robbery

Three men have been indicted in connection with the December shooting death of a Woburn police officer during an armed robbery at a department store, Middlesex District Attorney Gerry Leone said Thursday.

Woburn police Officer Jack Maguire was killed in the robbery.
    Arthur Cinelli, 50, of Newburyport, was indicted Thursday by a Woburn Superior Court grand jury on charges of conspiracy to commit masked armed robbery and accessory before the fact to masked armed robbery.
    Two other men, Scott Hanright, 19, of Wakefield, and Kevin Dingwell, 51, of Wakefield, were previously charged in Woburn District Court.

Full Story:
    3 Indicted In Officer's Shooting Death - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston