Woburn police officer, suspect shot | Page 8 | MassCops

Woburn police officer, suspect shot

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by cc3915, Dec 27, 2010.

1. lofu

lofu Subscribing Member

I don't think I'll ever hear a "Last Call" like I did yesterday and not sob like a bitch.

2. I listened to it today on youtube. Thought I was done crying after watching the funeral yesterday... Not so.
    It's like when you have kids, then whenever you see or hear of something bad happening to a child, you can imagine it being your own child, and it effects you more deeply. With Officer Maguire's death, and any other LE death, I can imagine being in that family's position, and it really hits home. I don't know how I would ever cope if something happened to my husband, but I pray that day never comes, and I pray for the families of those lost.

3. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

Unfortunately, I've attended about 60 police officer funerals during my 22 years on the job. About 32 of those were from my own department with the most recent being that of Chief Darryl Gates.

I have no problem admitting that I cry every time I hear the bugler playing taps and every time I hear the End Of Watch broadcast during the funeral. Each time I pray it'll be the last time I have to attend one of these but unfortunately I know that won't be the case.

Kudos to those of you who attended Jack Maguire's services in the freezing cold temperatures, I wish I could have been there to stand side by side with you. I would be proud to do so.

4. TopCop24

TopCop24 Working in the land of misfit toys

Almost?? I hate to see what makes you cry bubba

5. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Brother: Slain cop a working hero

Recalls victim’s sense of duty

By Laurel J. Sweet
    Sunday, January 2, 2011 -

[​IMG]
    Photo by John Wilcox

SOMBER DAYS: Charles Maguire talks about his late brother, Woburn police officer John ‘Jack’ Maguire, inset, whose funeral Friday drew thousands.

The heartbroken brother of slain Woburn patrolman John “Jack” Maguire told the Herald yesterday that even after his only sibling suffered a heart attack and had two stents implanted a year before he was shot to death, there was no stopping the dedicated lawman.
    “He just wanted to get back to work,” said Charles “Chuck” Maguire, 63. “That was the argument we always had. I’d say, ‘Jack, why are you working nights? It’s not natural. It’s not healthy.’
    “I think (work) was almost a hobby to him,” Maguire, who retired three years ago as an assistant chief probation officer, said with a bittersweet smile. “Jack worked. The odds of him getting into trouble were great.”

Full Story:
    Brother: Slain cop a working hero - BostonHerald.com

6. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Really wish the Herald would stop glamourizing it by calling it a "diamond heist." It was a junkie stick-up, nothing more.

Any word on where Cinelli is being buried?

7. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

They plan on dumping his rotting carcass here and then letting the animals finish the rest.

[​IMG]

8. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

While he would deserve to be dug up and dumped out of his casket, Im just always looking for a good spot to take a piss.

9. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

Hopefully in a garbage pile.

10. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Why can't the Westboro Baptist Church protest at his funeral? I mean he's in Hell now.

11. topcop14

topcop14 Subscribing Member

Piss, I was thinking of somthing from the other end.:poop:

12. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

The website for Williams College Security has something similar. One of their supervisors passed away several years ago and he used to clear every shift by wishing all officers a good night (or something similar). They have one of his last transmissions with that 'good night' call posted. Very tasteful, very fitting and very sad to hear.

This is along the same lines and very well done.

13. cc3915

After Bobby Dana of the Mets was shot and killed, they wrote him down and assigned him a patrol in the journal for every shift that he would have worked. I'm not sure if they're still doing it at H7, but I know it continued on for many years after his passing.

14. Kilvinsky

It's the little things like that that are very nice gestures. After all is said and done, after the officers, family and well wishers go home and the flags are put away, it's a good way to keep the memory alive.

ODMP is a wonderful thing and when a department's website has a tribute page or something along those lines, it does mean something.

My department would forget me within 20 minutes of the funeral. Well, I'm sure anyone I owed money to would remember me, bitterly of course. "Wait, who was that guy anyway?" "The son of a bitch who got out of paying me back the $2 he owes me!"

A tip of the hat to all who've given their lives. No, I didn't make it to this one, and I've missed many in the past years, but I've been to MANY and they're never easy. It used to be worse when I was in the Honor Guard because we'd be right up at the front and see the family as they entered the church. Never easy.

15. cc3915

I remember being at the dedication of the memorial out front. Glad to hear that he's still remembered. Man, could Bobby hammer!

16. Usa8235

Usa8235 MassCops Member

i couldn't go to the funeral so i went to the walk by and stood across the street until the last cadet left...the silence, except for the orders and the marching boots will never leave me...it was broken only by the helicopters buzzing overhead...
    so not fair, NEVER should have happened ...fukinsunofabitchingbastard rotting in hell just isn't enough ..that whole parole board should resign immediately :stomp:and i hope that every day this is in their heads..eating away at their sanity.

Prayers to your family Officer Maguire...may you Rest In Peace

17. mactj2

mactj2 MassCops Member

Does anyone have a full recording of the final call for Officer Maguire? I found one on youtube, but it is not the full call. I was at the cemetery when it went out, they called Woburn 745 several times then went into this: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ubpavZO4nU&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]YouTube - Final Radio Call for Woburn 745 Officer John "Jack" Maguire[/nomedia]

Or does anyone know how to go about getting a recording of the call? I am putting together a tribute video and would like the entire call if possible.
    Thanks,
    TJ

18. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Kudos to the person who put out that last call, professional ..better man than me...that must have been very hard.

19. niteowl1970

http://www.masslive.com/news/index....h_to_judgment_woburn_police_john_maguire.html

BOSTON — Gov. Deval Patrick says he's waiting for a report from his public safety undersecretary before passing judgment on the state's decision to parole a career criminal police say shot and killed a veteran Woburn officer.
    Patrick said Monday that he hadn't watched a tape of 57-year-old Dominic Cinelli's 2008 parole board hearing and warned against a rush to recriminate. He said the focus should be on Officer John Maguire's grieving family.

Moments later, House Speaker Robert DeLeo told reporters his initial reaction would be to ban parole for anyone serving multiple life sentences.
    The statements were the first public comments by the top Beacon Hill officials on the decision to parole Cinelli despite his long criminal history, including an armed robbery during which a guard was wounded.

Patrick said he was "honestly upset" by what happened, but was waiting for a report from John Grossman, his Undersecretary for the Executive Office of Public Safety and Security, on the decision to parole Cinelli before jumping to conclusions.

For such an intelligent man who's "honestly upset" by the death of Officer Maguire, he doesn't even have the initiative to view the full hearing himself ?

20. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

Why hasn't Patrick watched the tape of the hearing? Since he didn't make the wake or walk by, he should've had time to watch it.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

21. niteowl1970

Entertaining other "beautiful people" in Richmond is hard work too you know.

22. Mad-Dog24

Mad-Dog24 MassCops Member

He hasn't watched it because he's a piece of fucking shit. He should have gone to Cinelli's funeral because he has more in common with him than he has with any one of us. Fuck You Deval ! And Fuck You Mass Parole Board also !

23. Kilvinsky

I know that the Parole Board has a fair amount of leeway and sure, I honestly believe that some people deserve a second chance,

BUT THREE LIFE SENTENCES???? YOU CANNOT JUSTIFY LETTING ANYONE GO WHO IS SERVING THREE LIFE SENTENCES!!!!

We do have the death penalty in Mass, but the only ones who get it are the victims, NOT the ones who deserve it, not the ones who consiously made the effort to take the life of an innocent person.

If you have THREE LIFE SENTENCES, I don't give two shits what a model prisoner you are, I don't give two shits if you saved the life of a corrections officer, gave blood to the victims of Katrina, healed a prisoner after finding God, NO PAROLE FOR YOU! When you die, God may forgive you and you may go to Heaven, so consider this Purgatory, and if you're sincerely remorseful for your crimes, STFU AND DO YOUR SENTENCE!!!

We can't get someone to serve ONE life sentence in this state, could these asswipe douche bags at LEAST have someone stay for life when they've been sentenced to THREE???????

:stomp::stomp::stomp::furious:

:devil:<--- our governor.

24. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

25. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

Where has Senator Brown been with all this? He was quick to comment on the DJ incident in NY, and he was not backing the police either. Brown has been very disappointing this past year. Actually, MA pols in general are disappointing.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.