Woburn police officer, suspect shot | Page 7 | MassCops

Woburn police officer, suspect shot

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by cc3915, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I spent most of the night debating on going to the funeral. I was leaning heavilly towards it but at the last minute, I backed out. Never mind the fact that my shoes weren't shined-minor point all in all, but I was pooped. The whole ride home I felt guilty. No real reason to I suppose, especially with my Dept's Honor Guard going, but I haven't attended one in years. I thank GOD there hasn't been very many in Mass., and I DID attend the wake of my Brother from the BC Police a couple of years ago, but it's been gnawing at me. Still is, but I know I'm better off being home so I'm ready to fight crime tonight-NEW YEARS EVE.

I'm just hoping for a very DEAD night.

To all that did go today, God Bless you all for putting out that effort when I should have made that effort myself. I saw on the news just how many were showing up and it made me both proud and ashamed at the same time. I've atteneded MANY funerals in the past (especially when I was with the Honor Guard) but I feel I've lost touch with the human side of the whole thing.

So here I sit, ready to fall asleep, assisted by a couple of glasses of wine, and leaving it to the rest of you to pay respects. It's very similar to my military service.

This is NOT self pity. This is showing respect to those of you who actually DID what needed to be done from someone who should have, but didn't. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving Officer Maguire the send off he very much deserved. God Bless him and God Bless you all.

2. OCKS

OCKS Guest

don't beat on yourself, sometimes you have to sit one out.

3. Mad-Dog24

Mad-Dog24 MassCops Member

Hey Deval, you had absolutely no right sitting there amongst my brave brothers and sisters at Jack's funeral. If it was up to me you would never have been allowed to get within 100 miles of the auditorium. Fuck You you fucking scumbag !

4. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

Kudos to channel 5. The coverage was awesome. Ch 4 carried some before the service, Ch 7 a little bit of the service and Fox 25 carried none.

RIP Jack

5. Just watched the funeral on channel 5. What an incredible turnout, and amazing tribute to Officer Maguire, may he rest in peace.
    I know this new year will be accompanied by a special reminder to take nothing for granted. I wish for nothing in 2011 but the happiness, health, and well-being of my family. Just having my hubby home safe every night is blessing enough for me.

6. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3LKx_idnbk"]YouTube - Wake for Woburn police officer killed in line of duty[/nomedia]

Lowell Sun
    all 208 news articles ยป

7. EnforceOfficer

EnforceOfficer New Member

Glad to hear of the good turnout...May Officer Maguire rest in peace...

8. BLUE BLOOD

BLUE BLOOD ...---...

Just made it back from the services, nice tribute, great showing from the troops. And yes Patrick looked about as comfortable as a turkey on thanksgiving.
    I certainly wasn't the only one to look threw him with dagger eyes.

9. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

That's what I thought. Good!

10. SgtAndySipowicz

SgtAndySipowicz Supporting Member

RIP Officer. Only in Massachusetts is this dead suspect back on the street to kill/rob again. I watch that "Lockup Raw" show and I see guys doing 40 years for dealing coke in Texas. If they dealt their coke here in Mass they would get a suspended sentence. When will THE PEOPLE wake up and start electing politicians who aren't left wing radicals? When you elect lefties they will call for "lenient" sentences for crimes and when you elect lefty Governors they will appoint liberal judges. The result is the death of this courageous Officer....................

11. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

Was haunted by this today...

"When they come, I will stand my ground.
    Stand my ground, I'll not be afraid."

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB2Ad04mukI"]YouTube - Sgt MacKenzie - We Were Soldiers Soundtrack with Lyrics[/nomedia]

Officer Maguire held his ground.

There are more Dominic Cinelli's among us.
    Is there a Jack Maguire within you?

Wishing everyone a safe 2011.

12. MPAPD

MPAPD MassCops Member

I hope for the same turnout at the court proceedings for the other 2 suspects. What a disgrace to public safety when a convicted felon with 3 "life terms" is allowed to walk the street and execute a cop. Stay safe Officers.

13. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Two of us were there today from my PD, great turnout, sad ,sad day

14. Lost

Lost MassCops Member

I found it touching to see the video billboard on 93 in Woburn (presumably owned by a private corp) with a picture and RIP message this eveing.

15. Kilvinsky

This would be the one thing that would make me anti-death penalty, but sadly, it just doesn't happen.

---------- Post added at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was at 21:56 ----------

Deval being there is somewhat insulting, yet the other side of the coin, what if he HADN'T shown up. I can't stand that guy and can't wait 'til he's out of a job, but it's something that he had to do as governor and should have done as a man. Love him (and not many do on THIS board) or hate him, he had an obligation to be there and he fulfilled it.

I recall the funeral of a colleague of mine. He never liked the chief and the chief was probably not fond of him. I'm sure he wouldn't have wanted the chief at his funeral and the chief wasn't there. I had mixed emotions. One half of me said, "It was the RESPECTFUL thing to do." The other half said, "You couldn't take a little time to send off one of your own?"

A bit of a dilema.

16. Kilvinsky

You know something, that's actually how it should work. The governor's office should contact the family (either directly or via the dept.) and say, "The governor would like to attend out of respect, however if the family would prefer he not attend, he will show his respect in that way and NOT attend."

Simple solution mtc, you nailed it!

17. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Was nice to see the service on Ch 5 today, the turnout was stirring. Was able to stop by the Shriners after the service, and it was amazing to see cruisers from all over the state, and country.

Also took a spin by Kohls, as we drive by it a dozen times a shift. Its disheartening to see it operating business as usual, and Im sure many of the customers have no idea what took place there 5 days ago. A little pissed to see there is no sign on the door, or any notation of Officer Maguire who gave his life protecting the customers and employees of that store. I hope Kohls does right by the family, but I have heard no public statement from the company yet (unless I missed it)

18. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

It was great to see all who showed up for the funeral. It is good to see all the agencies together paying respect for a fallen officer.
    My wife recorded the Channel 5 WCVB coverage of the funeral. I just finished watching it. WCVB did an outstanding job. It was respectfully done by Randy Price and Suzan Warnick. As for Fox 25, even in death they have no respect for police.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

19. spd722

spd722 MassCops Member

Final Radio Call

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ubpavZO4nU"]YouTube - Final Radio Call for Woburn 745 Officer John "Jack" Maguire[/nomedia]

20. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

21. BUBBA87

BUBBA87 MassCops Member

Just listened to his final call. Sent a chill up my spine and almost brought me to tears. My heart goes out to his family.

I never had the good fortune to meet the guy. But he is a brother, and one who gave most of his life to the job. I attended his wake with several guys from my department.

I need to say somthing that may piss some people off, but quite frankly they can go fuck themselves. I keep hearing the showing of support was great. Yet guys in my department decide to work details insted of going. we could only muster about 2000 cops and many were from out of state. Makes me want to vomit that a state with more than 20,000 cops can only muster less than 2,000. Every cop not working who could have made time to attend, should have been there.

I dont know what is happening in this state with leo's but when so many of us cannot make time to attend the services of one of our own shot to death in the line of duty it does not say much for the future of this proffession.

Those of you that could have attended and decided not to, do us all a favor turn in your badge and gun and go fuck yourselves.:stomp:

22. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

It surely doesn't, but must be heard.

23. rg1283

rg1283 MassCops Member

The final call I listened to once and that was it. No one better make any anti police comments to me. Someone made a typical retarded speeding in the left lane comment about the State Police the other day. I just walked away....

24. EnforceOfficer

EnforceOfficer New Member

I hope the member of the parole board who decided to release Cinelli have the respect to resign...

25. m3cop

m3cop MassCops Member

RIP...we will never forget!