Woburn police officer, suspect shot | Page 6 | MassCops

Woburn police officer, suspect shot

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by cc3915, Dec 27, 2010.

1. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

2. girlcop21

girlcop21 MassCops Member

first, my condolences to the family of Officer Maguire. May you rest in peace Officer Maguire and on behalf of others, thank you for your many years of service.

Secondly, did anyone else read the article regarding how both Officer Maguire and the scumbag that killed him both had fathers that were in law enforcement? I personally don't need to read anything personal about him or the other two sh*tbags that are responsible for Officer Maguire's death. Officer Maguire gave his life protecting the citizens of Woburn and his name should not be mentioned in the same article as the other three scumbags. Sorry, just my two cents...

Staf safe out there everyone!

3. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

That's when we get to strike them three times with a baseball bat in their melon after vwe catch them commiting a violent felony. It will keep the prisons from overcrowding, and drastcally cut down on residivism (sp)

4. Nuke_TRT

Nuke_TRT Stirrer of the Pot

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODpHsAlQ0dM"]YouTube - Tribute to Officer Maguire.wmv[/nomedia]

5. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

I saw that the plan is for a walk by at 2:15, staging at the HS at noon. Anyone going, any plans to gather in a group?

6. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

Do you mean a Masscops.com walk by?

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

7. Hush

Exactly.

8. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

I'm as pissed as you all are in about the parole board, and a parole board hearing is coming up for an inmate in New York that is strikingly similar - except this inmate has already killed a police officer.

I'll be damned if I'm going to let something like this happen again, even if it's in another state.

Killer of NYPD Sgt. Keith R. Levine set to go free

The form on their website doesn't even work - I'm sending them a letter in the mail with copies of the Herald news stories. Hopefully it will shake some sense into them.

I hope all of you with ten free minutes do the same.

9. Andy0921

Andy0921 MassCops Member

I agree with those who oppose the death penalty – it needs to be reformed. After that, our views tend to be radically divergent.

They suggest that life without parole should take the DP’s place, as it’s not a deterrent, and costs too much money.

It’s not a deterrent because executions are isolated and clandestine; nobody sees their homeboys take a ride on old sparky and think “oh shit! Maybe I should think twice about stabbing an old lady for crack money”. Make them public. Hold them in an arena. Charge a small admittance fee and give proceeds to the victim’s family to defray funeral costs. And fuck Gandhi and his “eye for and eye leaves the world blind” bullshit. Execute the scum using the same method they used on their victim. Sure-fire deterrent.

As far as the monetary aspect, eliminate the grossly perennial appeals process, and it will be infinitely cheaper than housing some 20 something punk for the rest of his life, while he gets fat eating honey buns and watching his flat screen all day.

10. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

DA not notified of parole hearing - The Boston Globe

The incompetence of the Parole Board grows every day.

DA not notified of parole hearing !!!!!

State public safety officials acknowledged yesterday that the Parole Board failed to notify Middlesex County prosecutors of the 2008 hearing that prompted the panel to free Dominic Cinelli, who authorities say killed a Woburn police officer after a department store holdup during Sunday’s blizzard.

If prosecutors had been notified of the 2008 hearing, they would have opposed Cinelli’s release, as they did when they submitted a strongly worded letter of objection at his parole hearing three years earlier, said a spokeswoman for the Middlesex district attorney’s office.
    But one of two Parole Board employees assigned to notify prosecutors before Cinelli came before the panel again in 2008 failed to do so, for reasons that are unclear, said John Grossman, the state’s undersecretary of public safety and security. Both employees left more than a year ago. One was a staff employee who left of her own accord, said Grossman. The other had a contract that was not renewed.

Click on the link for video of the animal's hearing

In the video ex-LEO and Parole Board Chairman Mark Conrad is completely manipulated by this sociopath. I guess his 20-years on the streets didn't teach him a fucking thing about reading people.

11. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Yes, but that's for PD's not civilians. At funerals, we have to gather, march and stand with our departments, so there will be no masscops walk by. The staging area is arranged to control the massive LE crowd prior to the march.

12. Hush

Please ignore above, thanks for clarifying. Night posting, never comes across well.

13. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

RIP Brother

14. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Slain Officer's Services To Start; DA Says No One Knew About Parole

Wake For Maguire Scheduled Thursday In Woburn

WOBURN, Mass. -- Hundreds of police officers from around the state are expected to attend services for a veteran Woburn police officer who was fatally shot during a department store robbery, even as the local district attorney is saying his office was never told about a parole hearing for the ex-con believed to have killed John Maguire.
    A wake for Maguire is scheduled Thursday at the Dello Russo Funeral Home in Woburn with a planned uniformed law enforcement "walk-by" set to begin around 2 p.m. A funeral is planned Friday.

Click To Comment | Funeral Procession Map

Authorities said career criminal Dominic Cinelli killed Maguire on Sunday during a Kohl's department store robbery. The 60-year-old policeman, a father of three, was nearing retirement. The 57-year-old Cinelli was also shot and killed.

Full Story:
    Slain Officer's Services To Start; DA Says No One Knew About Parole - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston

15. Dazy5

Dazy5 Filling Female Quota

December 29, 2010 - SHREWSBURY, Mass. - TheDailyShrewsbury.com welcomes letters from readers. All letters must be signed. To submit a letter to the editor, email [email protected].

In the past two weeks I have watched a man sentenced to concurrent life sentences who had been released on parole, kill a man for doing his job just days after Christmas. Days before the killing of Woburn Police Officer John Maguire a similar story unfolded as Edgar Bowser, the man responsible for the cold-blooded killing of Shrewsbury Police Officer James Lonchiadis, had been returned to prison for violating the terms of his parole. How can those appointed and elected to the offices of the government look at the victim's families in both of these cases and say "we're sorry, we made the wrong choice."

Read more: Letter to the Editor: Parole Board mistakes hurt victims' families

16. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

The Paying Attention! Radio Program with Tom Duggan, (December 29, 2010)

This week Tom Duggan and Paul Murano talked about the murder of Woburn Police Officer John Maguire. Tom's guests included Craig Floyd, CEO of the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund in Washington DC. Craig talked about the increase in police deaths in 2010, the increase in the deaths of female officers, cluster killings, the death penalty, the new Law Enforcement Officer's Museum. Tom and Paula also interviewed Jennifer Thacker of Concerns of Police Survivors about the help available to family members and fellow officers of cops killed in the line of duty, as well as interviewing Laurie Myers a victims rights advocate from Chelmsford and Methuen Police Chief Joe Solomon. Tom also read the parole report of cop killer Dom Cinelli who was shot and killed by Officer Maguire before dying himself.

Paying Attention! with Tom Duggan: The Paying Attention! Radio Program with Tom Duggan, (December 29, 2010)

http://www.archive.org/download/The...gandecember292010/12-29-10Fulleditedfinal.mp3

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

WOBURN (FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) - About 2,000 law enforcement officers from around Massachusetts showed up to attend services for a veteran Woburn police officer who was fatally shot during a department store robbery on Sunday.

Hundreds honor Woburn officer killed in shootout

17. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

Sorry Fox, the services are tomorrow. Today is the wake.
    Fox 25 has been very disappointing in regards to Officer Maguire's murder. Since that horrible night, they provided very little coverage, were way behind on info (compared to the other stations) and were incorrect on the info. Menino's knee had more coverage on Fox 25.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

18. rg1283

rg1283 MassCops Member

Fox 25 isn't even real news.. 100% one sided reporting..Tom beaudet is a loser. The Sensation Station channel 7 sucks, Channel 4 is hit or miss as far as not bashing cops the I-Team is bringing fire onto the parole board. Channel 5 is good but remember at the end of the day they are still the sneaky media.

19. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Small consolation, but I was just talking with a friend of mine who is on Middlesex County, and booked the 19 year-old scumbag accomplice. Once my friend and his colleagues were done properly expressing the feelings of law enforcement concerning this matter, he was sobbing like a little baby.

20. bcibob670

bcibob670 MassCops Member

"If we look back down the long corridors of time, we can see the shadowy forms and sense the presence of the men and women who have shaped the destiny of our Law Enforcement community" . It is up to those of us remaining to see that destiny is one deserving of their sacrifice.... Accept this stewardship and act in your community and government to right the wrongs that lead to their sacrifice. John "jack" Maguire Rest in Peace.

May all those who read this hold accountable through political pressure the parties responsible for this tragedy. I saw MSP Trooper Mark Charbonnier dying from a parolees gunshot and History has repeated itself. This must stop now!! This is the best forum out there to develop a grassroots organization to not let Mark's and Jack's sacrifice be forgotten. Do Something in your Unions or in your MPA to effect safeguards that may stop this from happening again.

Many of us from this forum had attended the protest of the killer of a NJ State Trooper at UMASS Amherst and I would suggest that this matter deserves protest at the highest level from those in the law enforcement community. Make your Voice be heard!!!

21. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

Hopefully, this doesn't make anyone's head explode...

Head of Parole Board was Deval Patrick's 2006 Campaign Driver

by: Rob "EaBo Clipper" Eno

Thu Dec 30, 2010 at 09:56:19 AM EST

As the controversy continues to grow over the parole board's release of cop-killer Dominic Cinelli it is important to note whom Governor Patrick picked to head the parole board. Upon taking office Deval Patrick tapped his campaign driver to head the Parole Board, not a longtime probation official. The Lowell Sun in April of 2009 had the story.
    Patrick, as reported over the weekend, carved out positions for a handful of campaign staffers who performed such basic tasks as driving the soon-to-be governor around the state. Some aides now hold positions in state government earning salaries of $100,000 or more. ​

Red Mass Group:: Head of Parole Board was Deval Patrick's 2006 Campaign Driver

No shit, right. Charbo's killing was the first thing I thought of when I heard this guy had been cut loose on parole.

Hopefully this will put the end to Deval's political prospects a la Willie Horton.
    For the most part, from a personal standpoint, I'm not in favor of the death penalty, but events that hit home like this certainly shake that conviction. There are things on this earth that are worse than death, and it seems to me they are not worthy of such an easy exit from this life.

But the flipside to that is life in prison should mean life in prison, locked up 23 hours a day with one hour to shuffle around in a f*cking circle with the feed shackled together. I want these scumbags to have the desire to die and not have the ability to make it happen--an existance so miserable they start implode from the solitude. To me, that seems like a fate worse that death, provided we actually carried it out that way.

22. Hush

May they do the right thing, and give him plenty of privacy in the shower, see he has all the extra sheets and shoelaces he needs, and how about a bic pen and a plastic bag.

---------- Post added at 07:27 ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 ----------

The death penalty has been corrupted and misused. Im trying to find the exact quote, but it was in one of Lt Col Grossmans books and was along the lines of "Society has no place for those who violently resist uniformed members of the Police"
    I feel that once you get to a certain point, its not so much about punishment as it is about just getting rid of you. There are people who are so evil, they will never be able to be reintegrated into society. The depraved murderers ala Connecticut home invasion, repeat pedophiles (though I'd say first timers too), and cop killers. Since when is it our responsibility as a society to feed and house these wasted animals who will never walk the streets free again. We are bursting at the seams of our civillian population, and our prison population, why use food and shelter on those who don't even deserve air. When the neighborhood dog bites someone, we put him down. Why should these animals be treated any differently just because they look like us and walk on 2 legs. Get the politics out of it, and just start taking the truly depraved, unreformed worst of the worst, and putting them to sleep.

23. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

You can watch the service live on CBS Boston.com at 11 a.m. CBS Boston – News, Sports, Weather, Traffic and Boston's Best

Thousands Expected For Woburn Officer Funeral

December 31, 2010 7:26 AM

[​IMG]
    Woburn Police Officer John Maguire was killed in the line of duty on December 26. (credit: Woburn Police Dept.)

From miketoole

WILMINGTON (CBS/AP) – Gov. Deval Patrick is among the thousands of people expected to attend the funeral for a veteran Woburn police officer who was shot and killed last weekend.
    Patrick will join about 2,000 police officers from around New England who will pay their final respects to 60-year-old John Maguire Friday morning at Aleppo Shrine Auditorium in Wilmington.

You can watch the service live on CBS Boston.com at 11 a.m.

Career criminal Dominic Cinelli killed Maguire during a robbery at a Kohl’s department store Sunday. Cinelli was also shot and killed.
    Officer Maguire leaves behind a wife and three children.
    Police are waiting until after the funeral to speak publicly about Cinelli and the fact the state parole board set him free last year, despite knowing that Cinelli was serving three life sentences.

Thousands Expected For Woburn Officer Funeral CBS Boston – News, Sports, Weather, Traffic and Boston's Best

24. OCKS

OCKS Guest

Watching now 4, 5, and 7 are covering it. fox has on are you dumbing than a shit bird.:stomp:

25. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

It sickens me to see Deval there.