Woburn police officer, suspect shot | Page 5 | MassCops

Woburn police officer, suspect shot

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by cc3915, Dec 27, 2010.

1. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Liberal idiots like Obama let this scumbag out to " level " the playing field for him.

2. Sgt.Joe Friday

Sgt.Joe Friday MassCops Member

Rest in peace, thoughts and prayers to the family, and the men and women of the Woburn Police Dept.

3. Irishpride

Irishpride Subscribing Member

RIP Officer McGuire, my prayers are with his family and the men and women of the Woburn Police Department.

As far as the suspect getting $1,000 bail I can't say I'm surprised...... The whole court system is the most scumbag friendly racket known to man.

4. OCKS

OCKS Guest

I have told my wife if I were to be killed on duty that she should notify the govenor's office that at my wishes he is not invited and is in fact banned from my funeral. I try to remember that most people out there respect and are thankful for what we do, but that gets harder everyday. RIP Officer Maguire

5. HousingCop

HousingCop Czar of Cyncism and Satire

This whole mess can be placed squarely on the Parole Board and the new appointees that Govenor Cadillac packed onto it. Shame on any bailbondsman that touches this scumbag Dingwell for the pathetic sum $1,000. Let him rot. Like OCKS said, Deval is not welcomed at my funeral, should a LOD death come to pass.

6. EnforceOfficer

EnforceOfficer New Member

That's a joke...A politician's son in Ottawa was charged with impaired driving cause death, and had to pay $100,000 to bail out (no bonds/bondsman in Canada)...

7. ecpd402

ecpd402 Subscribing Member

Its a disgrace that this governor would appoint these librals to the parole board. Its times like this when it pisses me off we dont have a death penalty. this scumbags deserve to fry or hang by there necks never mind lethal injection. Instead they will sit in prison and get fed by the tax payers:stomp:

8. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

BOSTON HERALD/December 28, 2010

Dominic Cinelli, the career criminal whose jewelry heist left him and the cop who stopped him both dead in the snow outside Kohl’s in Woburn on Sunday night, had three decades of violence and hard prison time behind him when it all came to a bloody end on a snow-packed parking lot.
    Cinelli was on parole when he killed Woburn Police Officer James “Jack” Maguire, a married father of two, in Sunday night’s exchange of gunfire, authorities said.
    The son of the late Boston police officer Arthur Cinelli, Dominic Cinelli had shot and wounded a security guard in a jewelry job 25 years ago. News reports indicate his brother, also named Arthur, shot and wounded Medford Detective Sgt. Richard McGlynn in a 1981 robbery.

Dominic Cinelli had walked away from a prison furlough in 1985 when he robbed an East Boston Woolworth’s department store, did a burglary in Chelsea, and then, during a jewel heist in Everett, disarmed an arriving police officer and escaped, Herald clips state. Two days later he robbed Homer’s Jewelry Store in downtown Boston and shot a security guard, apologizing to the guard as he fled, according to newspaper accounts. The guard was identified as John Henry, of Mattapan, who was 60 when Cinelli shot him in the chest.
    He was arrested and his mother identified him on Woolworth’s security tapes. Cinelli’s BPD father worked out of Roxbury before he retired in 1973. He died in 1977, according to Herald clips.
    In May 1986, Dominic Cinelli pleaded guilty to five armed robberies in Suffolk Superior Court and was sentenced to 25 years in prison, but cut his wrists in a holding cell and was rushed to Massachusetts General Hospital, where he used a toy gun to disarm a Suffolk County deputy, then used the deputy’s gun to steal a 1981 Ford station wagon — all while still wearing leg irons, newspaper accounts show.
    He was on the run for about 10 days before he was caught at the Corner Cafe in the North End listening to a police scanner with a .32 caliber revolver in his pocket, news accounts state.
    He was eventually put back in prison, where he was serving three life sentences, when in 2005, a state appeals court ruled that he should be eligible for parole, according to a record of his parole hearing. After four years, the Parole Board released him, and he walked in February 2009, state records show.
    His brother Arthur, meanwhile, was convicted of shooting Medford police Sgt. McGlynn when the father of eight was working a detail in 1981, making a night deposit for a liquor store. Cinelli and another man shot him three times in the chest, according to news accounts at the time. Arthur Jr. was sentenced to 25 years in jail.
    Relatives and friends yesterday refused to comment on the death of Dominic Cinelli or the whereabouts of Arthur Cinelli.

In the Line of Duty - and, MA Cop Killer was Son of Deceased Boston Officer

9. EnforceOfficer

EnforceOfficer New Member

To bad there is no death penalty in MA for Dominic Cinelli to face...

10. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Harry, thank you. I had a feeling that it was John Henry who was shot by this POS. John as shot with a shotgun inhis abdomen in that robbery, he survived against all odds. John was a true gentleman, and a retired Panama Police officer. He was my Masonic Father, and though I knew hme for only a short few years, he was someone I respected and liked as a person. While I am very sad that a Wouburn Police Officer died, I am very happy that Cinelli is dead. I am also very angry at a system that allowed this human excrement to get parole on three life terms.

11. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

The Rogues Gallery

The Parole Board is made up of seven members appointed by the governor to serve staggered five-year terms. One member is designated as the chairman and serves as the administrative and executive head of the agency. Each Board Member must meet certain statutory qualifications including a minimum of five years of training and experience in one or more of the following fields: parole, probation, law enforcement, psychology, psychiatry, sociology, and social work.

I know this link was already posted (thanks nightowl), but here it is again.

Parole Board Members

12. MetrowestPD

MetrowestPD MassCops Member

Maguire funeral arrangements finalized

Woburn, MA —
    Funeral arrangements have been finalized for John “Jack” Maguire, 60, the Woburn police officer killed in the line of duty Sunday night.
    The funeral will be this Friday, Dec. 31, at 10 a.m. from the McLaughlin – Dello Russo Funeral Home, 60 Pleasant St. Woburn, followed by a funeral service celebrated in the Lutheran Church of the Redeemer, 60 Forest Park Rd., Woburn, at 11 a.m.
    Relatives and friends are invited to attend.
    Visiting hours at the McLaughlin – Dello Russo Funeral Home will be Thursday from 3 to 8 p.m. Services will conclude with full honors and burial at Woodbrook Cemetery, Woburn. I
    t has been requested that in lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be made in his memory to the Boy's and Girl's Club of Woburn, Gardner Lane, Woburn, MA 01801.

Maguire funeral arrangements finalized - Woburn, MA - Woburn Advocate

Police walk by is at 2:15 p.m. on Thursday. I do not know the staging yet for walk by or funeral.

13. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

I honestly don't think some of theses liberal appointees really care. If Officer Maguire was a 3rd generation social welfare case with a wallet full of EBT and MassHealth cards, then they would care.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

14. Usa8235

Usa8235 MassCops Member

BARF BARF BARF..may they all rot in the personal hell they have created for themselves with the great decision they made to let that *)@Oface out...at least he himself is in hell

15. BlueJacket

BlueJacket New Member

Those people who served on the parole board for him should hide their heads in shame. 3 consecutive life sentences----HELLO ?? The fact that he was the son of a police officer and had no problem with shooting a police officer in the past should have been sending messages to these people loud and clear. This is when I wished in Texas or another state that had capital punishment.

BTW, did anyone get an answer back from his "Highness" about the flag being half mast on the day of the funeral? I didn't.:stomp:

16. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Amen.

17. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Now they are going to act like they care.

18. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Police chiefs ask state to review parole of man accused of killing Woburn officer

The group that represents some 360 police chiefs in Massachusetts called on the Patrick administration today to review the decision to parole a career criminal who allegedly killed a Woburn police officer Sunday, saying Dominic Cinelli’s release has undermined the board’s credibility.

``We have somebody who was serving three life sentences, with a history of a very violent career criminal, and this is the person that took the life of one of our police officers,’’ Northborough Police Chief Mark K. Leahy, president of the Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association, said in an interview.

Leahy said the association intended to send a letter to Mary Beth Heffernan, Governor Deval Patrick’s secretary of public safety and security, calling for a review of the Parole Board’s decision on Nov. 18, 2008, to parole Cinelli. Heffernan oversees the board.

Police chiefs ask state to review parole of man accused of killing Woburn officer

19. BLUE BLOOD

BLUE BLOOD ...---...

I will be there Friday. Hope many of you can make it as well.

20. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I told my wife the same thing, with John Kerry and (formerly) Ted Kennedy added as well.

21. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

I'm hoping the people on here who know me and my family will do that for my wife God forbid something like this happens.

22. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

Uniformed police walk by : Thursday December 30, 2010 stage at the Woburn High School 88 Montvale Ave at 12:00 noon for transport to the funeral home.

Funeral- Friday December 31, 2010 - Officers and honor guards should stage at Woburn High School, 88 Montvale Ave at 0830AM for transportation to the funeral home.

23. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

MA definitely needs a 3-Stikes Law. Not like CA's failed 3-felony stikes. Not altering your inspection sticker or stealing an iPod felonies, but VIOLENT felonies. There is no way this douche should have been allowed to look up and see blue skies every again; only his cell mate Bubba while his ankles are behind his ears.

"A state with the death penalty does not necessarily deter murder."

Yeah, but I can assure you it deters the one who gets the death penalty from murdering again.

24. uspresident1

uspresident1 MassCops Member

+1000 Sine.

Rip Sir. Good work parole board. Another asshole with a 30 page rap sheet who should have been rotting in prison now destroys a family. How's about we charge the parole board with Acc before the fact

25. firefighter39

firefighter39 Subscribing Member

How does someone get appointed to the parole board, what is the process, is it a life time appointment-like judges?

I would be against the death penalty if life in prison truely meant life in prison.

I did tell my wife that if anything ever happens to me I want no politicians at the funeral, they are not our friends, and God forbid I get killed in military action (USAR) there is no way in hell I would want any of the stinking democrats from our congressional delegation present, they are banned.
    I have been procrastiating about writing a will, but I will definately add this to my last will and testament, No John F'ing Kerry, No Gov Douchbag Patrick