Woburn police officer, suspect shot | Page 4 | MassCops

Woburn police officer, suspect shot

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by cc3915, Dec 27, 2010.

1. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

What a terrible tragedy for the officer's family, especially at this time of year. May he rest in peace.

I'll be in DC this coming May for Police Week. I hope to see some of you there as we pay our respects when Officer Maguire's name is read on a National level.

2. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

Police Officer John Maguire | Woburn Police Department, Massachusetts

[​IMG][​IMG]The Officer Down Memorial Page Remembers . . .[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Police Officer John Maguire
    Woburn Police Department
    Massachusetts

End of Watch: Sunday, December 26, 2010
    Biographical Info
    Tour of Duty: 34 years
    Badge Number: Not available
    Incident Details
    Cause of Death: Gunfire
    Date of Incident: Sunday, December 26, 2010
    Weapon Used: Handgun
    Suspect Info: Shot and killed
    Officer John Maguire was shot and killed when he responded
    to a robbery in progress at a local department store.

Two men entered a department store at 9:00pm, just as the
    store was about to close. The men robbed the jewelry
    counter, and then fled on foot.

Officer Magurie responded along with several other officers.
    As one of the men fled the store he was confronted by Officer
    Maguire. The two exchanged shots and Officer Maguire was
    struck twice in the chest. He was transported to a hospital in
    Burlington where he succumbed to his wounds. The suspect
    was also killed in the exchange of gunfire.

The second suspect fled to a waiting car, where he fled with a
    third suspect. Both men were later apprehended and face
    multiple charges, including murder and robbery.

Officer Maguire had served with the Woburn Police Department
    for 34 years.

Agency Contact Information
    Woburn Police Department
    25 Harrison Avenue
    Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: (781) 932-4510

Please contact the Woburn Police Department for funeral arrangements or for survivor benefit fund information.

3. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

The media just showed what a sham they are. A snow storm is easy for them. Real news requires something they don't have, professionalism.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

4. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Two men charged in fatal shooting of Woburn police officer

WOBURN – Dozens of police officers, many of them wearing black bands around their badges, are standing vigil at Woburn District Court today, awaiting the arraignments of the two men charged in connection with the fatal shooting of a veteran Woburn police officer during an attempted robbery of a department store Sunday night.

“I’ll wait until whenever I have to,” said Glen Mills, 40, of Burlington, a police sergeant. He said the police officers and sergeants went to the court “to show support and solidarity.”

Scott Hanwright, 19, of Wakefield has been charged with first-degree murder and armed robbery, and Kevin Dingwell, 51, of Wakefield was charged with accessory after the fact as a result of the shooting. A third suspect was fatally shot after he shot the officer, who was responding to the robbery attempt.

Two men charged in fatal shooting of Woburn police officer

---------- Post added at 16:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

$100,000 bail???? That's an outrage!

5. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Absolutely nauseating. What a damn waste..

Blue skies, rest easy..

6. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

7. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

$100,000...still not enough.

34 years on the job--makes it all the more heartbreaking.

8. ntsouk@verizon.net

[email protected] New Member

Re: Police Officer John Maguire

I thought the same thing......

"Also it is complete bullshit that this hadn't even been mentioned on the news. An officer gives his life in the line of duty and all they give a shit about is a little (doesn't even reach a foot in most places) snow.[/QUOTE]

9. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

Rest In Peace Sir. My thoughts and prayers out to his family and friends.

10. Mad-Dog24

Mad-Dog24 MassCops Member

I am guessing, I hope, that they made a deal with this guy and he gave up the whole story and agreed to testify against the 19 yr old. I hope that is why his bail was so low.

11. badgebunny

badgebunny "Tinkerbell"

RIP Officer Maguire...thoughts and prayers are with your family and the Woburn Police Department...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXzJGA8pyA0"]YouTube - OPEN KEY FINAL CALL[/nomedia]

[​IMG]

12. Foxracingmtnridr

Foxracingmtnridr Subscribing Member

Sent!!
    Now let's see if the leprechaun actually does something about it :stomp:

13. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

The media is slipping...they haven't published Officer Maguire's 2009 salary and how much he made working details and OT.

I seriously wanted to put my foot through the TV last night while the empty suits prattled on and on and on about the snow storm, and there was a 45-second blurb about the Woburn incident "A tragedy which happened during THE BLIZZARD OF 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". We get it you moronic assholes....IT FUCKING SNOWS IN DECEMBER IN MASSACHUSETTS!!

RIP Officer Maguire....my thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, friends, and co-workers.

14. tasercb

tasercb New Member

R.I.P. Brother

15. mikey742

mikey742 Subscribing Member

Rest in Peace

16. MPOC9

MPOC9 New Member

R.I.P. Brother!!!

17. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure O'Ryan Johnson is working on that right now.

---------- Post added at 05:44 ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 ----------

This whole incident is so much more disturbing after reading about the shooter's criminal record and reason he was paroled. This was from an article from the Globe.

2 charged in connection with Woburn officer’s death - The Boston Globe

The alleged armed robber, identified by authorities last night as Dominic Cinelli, 57, was hit at least once and died at the scene. A paroled career criminal, he had a history of violent theft: two decades ago he was convicted of stealing $86,000 worth of jewels in a downtown Boston store and shooting a security guard in the chest during a scuffle. As a teenager, Cinelli stabbed a man in the chest, police said. Both victims survived.

In 1986, he pleaded guilty to five armed robberies committed after he failed to return from a one-day furlough from the Worcester House of Correction. According to a 2008 Parole Board decision, Cinelli was serving three concurrent life sentences.

The Parole Board released him in March 2009, saying the lifelong drug and alcohol abuser had completed several prison treatment programs for substance abuse and alternatives to violence and earned his GED.

WTF ???? Getting a GED and detox are grounds to release a complete sociopath onto the streets ? The members of the parole board that signed Cinelli's papers have Officer McGuire's blood on their hands. They should be removed from the board immediately.

Parole Board Members

They have broken the trust that the citizens of the Commonwealth had in them to protect us from people like him.

18. MetrowestPD

MetrowestPD MassCops Member

Don't forget these idiots are the same ones that released Shrewsbury patrolman James Lonchiadis' killer Edgar Bowser in 07, which he violated a couple months ago. Bowser was also a teenager when he committed the murder in 1975.

The 19 year old scum will one day be set free by a parole board of liberal give him a second chance bleeding hearts, because as we all know this will be forgotten by the general public all too quickly, and they will go about bashing us again.

19. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Shooting, heists were already on con’s rap sheet

Dominic Cinelli, the career criminal whose jewelry heist left him and the cop who stopped him both dead in the snow outside Kohl’s in Woburn on Sunday night, had three decades of violence and hard prison time behind him when it all came to a bloody end on a snow-packed parking lot.

Cinelli was on parole when he killed Woburn Police Officer James “Jack” Maguire, a married father of two, in Sunday night’s exchange of gunfire, authorities said.

The son of the late Boston police officer Arthur Cinelli, Dominic Cinelli had shot and wounded a security guard in a jewelry job 25 years ago. News reports indicate his brother, also named Arthur, shot and wounded Medford Detective Sgt. Richard McGlynn in a 1981 robbery.

Shooting, heists were already on con's rap sheet - BostonHerald.com

20. EnforceOfficer

EnforceOfficer New Member

That would a very low place to stoop to, anyone paper who publishes that is equal to a supermarket tabloid...

21. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

I cannot believe what I just read. This piece of shit should never have been allowed to murder Officer Maguire. After being sentenced to three life sentences, Cinelli should never have been anywhere on 26 December but in a small concrete room. These liberal politicians and their asshole parole board appointees should all be held accountable as accomplices to murder.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

22. Usa8235

Usa8235 MassCops Member

Mandatory death penalty for killing a Police Officer in the line of duty..in my world.

Every Officer family nightmare...this incident and the background makes me sooooo damn pissed off

23. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Chief: Woburn cop slay like ‘wild west’

Shootout ended in hail of bullets, diamonds

By Laurel J. Sweet, O’Ryan Johnson and Christine Mcconville
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - Updated 1 hour ago

[​IMG]
    Photo by Nancy Lane
    SOMBER BLUE: Woburn police officers stand during yesterday’s press conference on the botched robbery that cost Woburn police officer John ‘Jack’ Maguire his life.

When a career cop on the verge of retirement crossed paths with a paroled thug aiming to restart his criminal career at Kohl’s jewelry counter Sunday night in Woburn, it ended with splatters of blood, scattered diamonds and two men dead in the wind-driven snow.
    It was the first and last time in 34 years of public service that Woburn police officer John “Jack” Maguire, 60, a married father, had fired his gun on the job. He planned to retire in October.
    “It was like the Wild West,” Woburn Police Chief Philip Mahoney said, his voice cracking as he fought to maintain his composure. “We do not have shootings in Woburn. We do not have that kind of community. Officer Maguire lost his life defending it.”

Full Story:
    Chief: Woburn cop slay like ‘wild west’ - BostonHerald.com

Shooting, heists were already on con’s rap sheet

By O’Ryan Johnson
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010 -

[​IMG]
    Photo by Nancy Lane
    Officer John “Jack” Maguire who was shot and killed during an armed robbery at Kohl’s Department Store on Washington Street.

Dominic Cinelli, the career criminal whose jewelry heist left him and the cop who stopped him both dead in the snow outside Kohl’s in Woburn on Sunday night, had three decades of violence and hard prison time behind him when it all came to a bloody end on a snow-packed parking lot.
    Cinelli was on parole when he killed Woburn Police Officer James “Jack” Maguire, a married father of two, in Sunday night’s exchange of gunfire, authorities said.
    The son of the late Boston police officer Arthur Cinelli, Dominic Cinelli had shot and wounded a security guard in a jewelry job 25 years ago. News reports indicate his brother, also named Arthur, shot and wounded Medford Detective Sgt. Richard McGlynn in a 1981 robbery.

Full Story:
    http://www.bostonherald.com/news/re...ooting_heists_were_already_on_cons_rap_sheet/

Boston Globe:

2 charged in connection with Woburn officer’s death (By Milton J. Valencia and Maria Cramer, Globe Staff)

Killing of veteran officer leaves colleagues stunned (By Maria Cramer, Globe Staff)

24. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

I wonder which store this was where he shot security officer in Boston. The man that sponsored me in to the Masonic Lodge, was shot by a robber while guarding a jewelery store on Winter St. in Downtown Boston. He was a retired Panamanian Police Officer. John Henry passed away in the mid 1990's. Though he was in his seventies at the time, the damage done to his body by the gun shots, did contribute to his death. If this is the sane shooter, I am even happier that he is dead.

25. bedpilot

bedpilot MassCops Member

R.I.P. brother, God Bless you, your family and friends.