Woburn police officer, suspect shot | Page 10 | MassCops

Woburn police officer, suspect shot

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by cc3915, Dec 27, 2010.

1. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

good, I hope they all have a life time of stretched asses.
    :stomp:

2. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

They'll be effing heros in prison, who do we think we're kidding?

sadly this will be the case.

hard time will consist of planting gardens, playing softball, taking music lessons, etc.

3. Rock

Rock Undefined

All on our dime.

4. theuke87

theuke87 MassCops Member

ALL THREE

[​IMG]

5. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Slain Woburn Police Officer John Maguire to be honored with Hanna Award

Relatives of slain Woburn Police Officer John “Jack” Maguire are expected to be at the State House Friday to receive the Hanna Award, the state’s highest honor for law enforcement.
    Maquire was shot and killed Dec. 26, 2010, responding to the robbery of a Kohl’s department store in Woburn. During an exchange of gunfire with police, robbery suspect 57-year-old Domenic Cinelli was killed.
    The killing of Maguire, a 34-year police veteran, led to an overhaul of the state’s parole system because Cinelli had been released from prison even though he was serving three sentences of 15 years to life. His brother, Athur, who is charged with participating in the Woburn robbery, is also a parolee.
    Governor Deval Patrick and Lieutenant Governor Timothy Murray, along with Secretary of Public Safety and Security Mary Beth Heffernan, are expected to attend Friday’s State House ceremony.
    In all, police from 23 city and town departments, three state troopers, and one federal agent will be honored for acts of heroism and bravery in 11 separate incidents from 2010.

Slain Woburn Police Officer John Maguire to be honored with Hanna Award - Metro Desk - Local news updates from The Boston Globe

6. kwflatbed

3rd Person Arrested In Woburn Cop Shooting

Woman Faces Charges In Botched Heist, Shooting

POSTED: 10:35 am EST November 23, 2011

BOSTON -- A third person has been arrested and charged in connection with a botched robbery attempt at a Woburn jewelry store that resulted in a police officer being shot, according to Middlesex County District Attorney Gerry Leone’s Office.Erianiss Murillo, 17, of Dorchester, was arrested Wednesday morning in Woburn in connection with the shooting of Officer Robert DeNapoli, Leone’s office said.Murillo was charged with two counts of masked armed robbery, possession of a firearm and two counts of assault with intent to murder.Two men, Hector Baez-Cruz, 21, and Antonio Matos, 25, have already been arrested in connection with the Musto’s Jewelry incident.

Read more: 3rd Person Arrested In Woburn Cop Shooting - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston

7. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

It is the current trend that many parents can't spell or just make up names when asked to supply a name for the birth certificate. A result of the lowered standard to live in America.

Sent from my ADR6300

8. kwflatbed

Sorry Peeps This is posted in the wrong thread.

9. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Hero’s sacrifice inspired change

Woburn patrolman John “Jack” Maguire gave his life a year ago today for the public he had sworn to protect, stopping a ruthless parolee with a gun. Now Maguire’s brother and Woburn’s police chief say they are confident the fallen officer did not die in vain.
    “We can’t control what we’re handed, only what we do about it,” said Charles “Chuck” Maguire, 64, Jack’s only brother. “Evil struck out here in the suburbs, and I think it woke up a lot of departments.”
    Arguably, none more so than the Woburn Police Department, where Jack Maguire, a married father of three, worked for 34 years. Within nine months of Maguire’s death while thwarting an armed robbery at Kohl’s in a blizzard, another Woburn cop would catch several bullets facing down armed jewel robbers — but thanks to the bitter legacy of Jack Maguire, officer Robert DeNapoli lived.

Hero’s sacrifice inspired change - BostonHerald.com

---------- Post added at 12:31 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

Rest in Peace Officer Maguire.

10. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

I would love to get my hands on the pos in the comment section.

11. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

The comment has been deleted.

12. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

I'm not even going to look at the comments. I stopped reading them after I called some asshole out for libel when Sgt. Weddleton was killed. Interestingly enough, someone throws out a term like libel and the comment gets pulled pretty quick.

Rest in Peace Officer Maguire. Prayers for your family.

13. kwflatbed

Tree serves as memorial to cop killed by parolee

By Laurel J. Sweet and O’ryan Johnson
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011

[​IMG]
    Photo by Matthew West
    FALLEN HERO: Woburn Fire Lt. Chris Haney pays his respects at a memorial marking the anniversary of the death of Woburn police officer John ‘Jack’ Maguire.

Officers from across the region turned out last night for a memorial service marking the hour that Woburn officer John “Jack” Maguire, 60, was killed in the line of duty one year ago.
    Across from the post office soon to be named in Maguire’s honor, mourners gathered around a fir tree decorated in blue, close to the spot where Maguire made his last stand, trading gunfire with paroled lifer and repeat felon Dominic Cinelli, who was fleeing a botched jewelry heist through wind-driven snow.
    “It’s been a long, sad year,” said Maguire’s older brother Charles Maguire. “We’re very happy people remember my brother like this. We’re a together family and we’re moving forward.”

Tree serves as memorial to cop killed by parolee - BostonHerald.com

14. kwflatbed

15. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Why did it take 3 years to hold this fuck accountable?!? Better late than never, lock him up and throw away the key. Then find the key when he comes up for parole and let him out so he can help kill someone else.:mad:

16. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

Because this is mass and not Florida or Texas. Duchevall cares more about their rights than ours.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

frank, mtc and mpd61 like this.
  17. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

3 years ago tonight, Officer Maguire was shot and killed less than a mile from where I'm sitting. I was working, but did not receive that call. Unfortunately, I was in the ER when he was finally pronounced. I did not know him personally, but he was extremely well liked in Woburn, and is deeply missed. Rest in Peace Officer Maguire.

He soaked up multiple rounds to the chest, and still scored a lethal headshot on his murderer. He was not wearing a vest, and also suffered a femoral artery wound. From my limited and medical perspective, VEST UP! And get a Tourniquet and get trained on how to use it on yourself or others. Less than $30, and the training is free. Get your department to issue self-aid kits.

Stay Safe everybody.

Johnny Law, mtc, smitty1369 and 11 others like this.
  18. kwflatbed

Man pleads guilty in police officer's 2010 shooting death
    2 other defendants set to go on trial next week
    UPDATED 12:30 PM EDT May 27, 2015

WOBURN, Mass. —A man charged in the 2010 killing of a Woburn police officer returned to court Wednesday to change his plea.

Watch report

Scott Hanright, 23, is charged in the Dec. 26, shooting death of Woburn Officer Jack Maguire.

Prosecutors said Hanright, who was 19 at the time, admitted acting as a lookout during a jewelry store robbery that ended in a shootout that killed Maguire and a second suspect, Dominic Cinelli.

Hanright pleaded guilty on Wednesday to a charge of second-degree murder. He was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole after 25 years.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/man-pleas-guilty-in-2010-police-officers-shooting-death/33241596

19. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Good.

wwonka likes this.
  20. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Only took 5 years...

Wtf?

wwonka, mtc and HistoryHound like this.
  21. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

My thoughts exactly.

wwonka likes this.
  22. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

Better late than never!

23. smitty1369

smitty1369 MassCops Member

Just found out Officer Maguire is a distant cousin of mine, we share the same great grandfather. Crazy.