Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone discovered while using CJIS that and individual has a WMS recalled warrant with no BOP record on that same person

To make this clearer I ran this guy through WMS which showed a recalled warrant in the WMS. Then I ran a BOP but he had no BOP record. Is this possible?????

·
Registered
533 Posts
the individual could have defaulted on a court apperance, after a summons was issued, or they were ordered to pay fines or costs for something, that no criminal complaint had been issued for.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
SPDFITZ said:
the individual could have defaulted on a court appearance, after a summons was issued, or they were ordered to pay fines or costs for something, that no criminal complaint had been issued for.
Usually the case... First time offender defaults then goes to clear up the default but the case has not yet been heard.

·
Registered
117 Posts
A friend of mine went to a show cause hearing for A&B It was dismissed at the show cause. (cause it never happened just someone trying to fuck him over)
I guess my question is does he now have a bop? It never went passed the show cause!
Thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
I believe that it wont appear on his BOP unless he is arraigned. If it was dismissed by the magistrate at the "Show cause hearing" than no actual charges were issued. The purpose of that hearing is to determine if there is probable cause to issue the charges against the person. If the magistrate or whoever is hearing the case determines that there is not enough probable cause to substantiate the charges, then the case is dismissed, and no BOP record is generated. Again, I am only basing this on knowledge and experience, so if anyone else has better info please feel free to throw it out here.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Another reason could likely be that the court system is so backed up that they just haven't input the data into the BOP system yet. This is especially true of fairly recent matters. . rhl

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rhl said:
Another reason could likely be that the court system is so backed up that they just haven't input the data into the BOP system yet. This is especially true of fairly recent matters. . rhl
Yes that could be it too. The warrant was recalled on Aug 8th 2003 and I stopped this individual on Aug 19th 2003. And/Or Like the rest say the charges may have been either dropped or the case still has to be heard.

·
Registered
16 Posts
No BOP?

Example???

90-10 Unlicensed operation of a MV

Show me where that would show up on a BOP. Thats KQ only. However, criminal. Monkey gets grabbed and arraigned and the case is continued. Dude doesnt show up, hence the warrant.

;-)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts