WMASS Academy Feb | MassCops

WMASS Academy Feb

Discussion in 'MPTC' started by haldog, Dec 4, 2013.

1. haldog

haldog MassCops Member

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the WMASS academy in February is going to be competitive to get into? I know in the past it hasn't. I applied for that, Reading and Plymouth as a self sponsored recruit. I already received word that Reading is going to be impossible from a recruit that is attending Reading right now. Any information would be great.

Thanks

2. Portable81

Portable81 MassCops Member

All academies are difficult to get into unless you are hired. I did hear that they are almost full, with full time hires. That was just through the grapevine however. If you can get in, they run a tight ship. It's a very squared away academy.

Joel98 likes this.
  3. haldog

haldog MassCops Member

Honestly don't care how tough it is at this point, I'll take anything.

I've been trying to get into an academy now forever. Coming from a non civil service town, I hate it. Either all towns should have civil service or not... Makes life tougher for people like myself!

4. Portable81

Too bad you weren't able to sneak into the last one. They only started with 33. Down to 25. Anyway, best of luck. I know it's hard but keep trying. Eventually you will get in. If you work reserve for a part - time only department, and you get sponsored by them, you can take the same preference as full time for securing a seat. The department must be strictly part time however. Again, good luck.

Joel98 likes this.
  5. haldog

haldog MassCops Member

Thank you, sir.

What do you mean started with 33 and down to 25? Drop outs on difficulty?

6. Portable81

Lost a few to the SPA and few early on, from what I hear.

7. haldog

haldog MassCops Member

Thanks for the information... Hoping something works out!