Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
Define "real cop".

There are almost always wives/girlfriends, corrections officers, dispatchers, and just fans of law enforcement there. Provided you support law enforcement and aren't a baggadouche, everyone is welcome.
Sorry Delta... you missed my sarcasm. I was questioning 'fakecop' as to his criteria since 'auxiliaries' didn't make his list.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry Delta... you missed my sarcasm. I was questioning 'fakecop' as to his criteria since 'auxiliaries' didn't make his list.
Being an Auxiliary Police Officer vs. a "Real" Police Officer is like playing intramural flag football at Notre Dame vs. starting inside linebacker for Notre Dame. If you played intramural flag football at Notre Dame would you tell people you play football for Notre Dame?

Auxiliaries are very low in the law enforcement totem pole. I would say below matron and crossing guard. They are just slightly ahead of wackers, even though 60-75% of auxiliaries are wackers themselves.

G

·
Being an Auxiliary Police Officer vs. a "Real" Police Officer is like playing intramural flag football at Notre Dame vs. starting inside linebacker for Notre Dame. If you played intramural flag football at Notre Dame would you tell people you play football for Notre Dame?

Auxiliaries are very low in the law enforcement totem pole. I would say below matron and crossing guard. They are just slightly ahead of wackers, even though 60-75% of auxiliaries are wackers themselves.
Who the fuck are you?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

·
Banned
2,093 Posts

Watch Adaptation Movie Shotgun Soldier

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,879 Posts
Ah yes! But FEDERAL auxiliaries are the balls man! Multi-jurisdictional scope, high end weapons, GSA vehicles, and a big US on our badges!!!! Even Ron Glidden can't tell my chief SHIT!!!!!!!!!
:cool:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just as a side note not that I have to explain myself I am no longer an "auxofficer" for reasons that I believe in. With that being said as an aux I knew my place. I was being a smart ass because I liked Delta's wise words but was also being a bit serious . Is this a secret squirrel meeting for the in crowd or are all pro Leo people welcome? Thank you Delta for an honest answer!

G

·
That's actually not a bad comparison.

However, I wouldn't go that far. There are definitely whackers in the auxiliary ranks (I was an auxiliary myself many years ago and saw some whackers), but most of the ones I've seen just want to pad their resume and get some experience towards a full-time police job.

·
Registered
876 Posts
That's actually not a bad comparison.

However, I wouldn't go that far. There are definitely whackers in the auxiliary ranks (I was an auxiliary myself many years ago and saw some whackers), but most of the ones I've seen just want to pad their resume and get some experience towards a full-time police job.
Agreed. Some people just want the experience and to see if it's for them. I myself did this and couldn't be happier. There are plenty of whackers. Same goes for dingdings. It's everywhere. So provided your BOP isnt riddled with shit, have warrants and you're not a dipshit, meeting of the minds probably will welcome ya. I may try and get there. It'd be my first m&g with MC. We'll see what the Sgt gives me for a schedule.

·
Super Moderator
7,189 Posts
I'm going and wearing a Scarlet Letter on my shirt for being thrown out of the "other group".
Hopefully Simon Mall Security won't call you for an emergency rapid deployment right after you sit down and order a beer. I heard they just dug out your Segway and are itching for you to get back to work.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.