Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in June I was pulled over by a Boston police officer, he proceeded to tell me that my tint was 0% and I replied by showing him my waiver, he proceeded to tell me that “we don’t care about that we’ll still give you the ticket” ended up giving me a $255 citation for window tint… appealed ticket & spoke to magistrate over zoom call… I proceeded to tell the magistrate I had a waiver & asked me if I had at the time of the traffic stop & I told him yes. He ended up finding me responsible anyway & now I have to see the judge… do you guys think me showing the judge the physical waiver from the RMV will have the citation dropped? Any replies are helpful thank you guys in advanced!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Having not been present or anything, here’s my two cents with regard to the court proceedings.

Judges rarely go against a magistrate’s decision. Remember if you’re appealing it to a judge, there has to be a good reason for him to “undo” what a clerk has already decided.

Not to say I haven’t seen judges give breaks or the Officer simply not showing up…. It’s a gamble, but I wouldn’t get your hopes up. On the plus side if you are found NR by a judge, I hear they give back the $50 appeal fee now..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts