1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

High Wind Watch In Effect Monday

POSTED: 6:39 am EDT October 24, 2005
UPDATED: 12:38 pm EDT October 24, 2005

TAUNTON, Mass. -- A Nor'easter fueled by energy from Hurricane Wilma could bring sustained winds of nearly 40 mph to the Massachusetts coast Tuesday, the National Weather Service said.

The Weather Service's Taunton office said Monday that a high wind warning will be in effect from 4 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday, with scattered gusts of 60-65 mph possible for several hours.

The strongest winds are expected along the state's southern coastline early Tuesday, with conditions there easing in the afternoon. High winds are expected to reach the Boston metropolitan area and the North Shore at midday Tuesday and linger into the evening.

The winds could down trees and power lines and cause property damage, the Weather Service said.

A coastal flood watch has also been issued for Massachusetts. The storm may produce 20 foot seas and a 3 foot storm surge, leading to minor or moderate coastal flooding during a high tide late Tuesday.

The storm is expected to intensify as it passes near Cape Cod on Tuesday, but Wilma herself is expected to track far to the east of New England.

After slowly meandering through the Caribbean to Mexico, Hurricane Wilma crashed ashore early Monday as a strong Category 3 storm, battering southwest Florida with 125 mph winds and pounding waves as it began a frantic dash across the peninsula.

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Yes we can do a lot with snow...like shovel it and move it around...that's no fun.

USMCMP5811 said:
Man, why can't this be snow??????? At least I can do something with snow. :up: Do you all realize that if all this rain we've had over the past two weeks were snow, we'd have about 12 feet of snow. I want to go shopping at Sheldons HD, or Paramont HD in a few months. (Salesman: "Can I help you sir?" , Me " Ya, I want that one right there, and I want it ready in 15 minutes, Oh and by the way, I don't need any financing BS, this will be cash $$$$$. If you can't help me, I'll go to one of your competitors.....":p )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.