Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amy Anand is sporting a black eye and cuts to her face and arms, but she's still laughing after taking on the 6'5", 215-pound masked robber.
CBS

ELK GROVE, Calif. (CBS) ― A woman decided to fight back against shotgun-wielding robber in her convenience store, and the alleged gunman is now behind bars after facing a battle he didn't expect, reported CBS station KOVR-TV in Sacramento.

Amy Anand is sporting a black eye and cuts to her face and arms, but she's still laughing after taking on the 6'5", 215-pound masked robber who police have identified as James Benefield. Surveillance video caught the action on tape as she actually broke his shotgun while trying to wrest it from his grasp.

"I told him, 'You are on camera, we are recording you right now,'" Amy said. "He said, 'I don't care, just give me the money.'"

The fight didn't stop there. As another employee watched, Amy followed the gunman to the other side of the counter, constantly attacking the suspect even as he struck her with the gun, eventually chasing him out of her store.

Amy's husband of 14 years says he has never seen this side of her before. "I won't mess with her myself," Bobby Anand said, laughing.

Despite all her bruises, Amy said she doesn't regret fighting back.

"People like that already made up their mind," she said. "Woman or kid, they're going to do stuff like that unless you stop them."

Police said they caught up with Benefield later that night following a hit-and-run, and booked him into jail.

Video: http://wbztv.com/national/elk.grove.store.2.799101.html

·
Maddy B's grammy
2,017 Posts
Stupid, dangerous move...but way to go girl.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts