Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shock:
i worked for the department of correction for 8 yrs and KNOW
you guys in the state and county systems have opinions on things pertaining to your jobs. i see that people view threads in this forum but few reply to them or initiate new ones. this could be a fun and interesting forum for you guys. i and many others would enjoy knowing whats going on nowadays. whats the best institution to work for and why, what do you think of the job, how are policies in doc and various sheriffs department different, pay, benefits, why no 4 on and 2 off schedule for you guys, which departments have educational incentive pay, if state doc absorbs county sheriffs departments will everyone be eligible to be a deputy sheriff or sspo ? do guys in your department want to merge - why or why not, best and worst parts of your job, etc, etc - i know i'm not the only one thats curious- many police officers were in corrections and have friends that still are - we are curious about how are brothers in corrections are doing. tell your co workers about this site today and take it upon yourself to initiate a thread topic today - respectfully, jimbo

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
Jimbo,

I think the problem is, is that there aren't too many Sheriff's and DOC officers on here. I personally, not including myself can only think of four sheriff's department guys that are on here. There were a few DOC guys, and they have seemed to disapear. Maybe I need to start recruiting? :wink:

·
Subscribing Member
502 Posts
I would venture to guess that guys from Sheriff's dont post because like clockwork it always becomes a slam on the Sheriffs department.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Ditto. One of the last posts started out by someone saying a department did a good job. He was soon treated as suspect. Some demanded to know who he is and where he is from. Then the bashing began. Not just on the poster, but on the department he was commending.

I stopped replying. Not because I didn't have a reply, just out of frustration.

My department bends over backwards for PD's. We've provided information leading to countless convictions. Then we come here and get told that we're not in law enforcement etc...

·
Registered
400 Posts
It is possible, maybe even likely that I know Clark. There are several hundred people with access to the address, many of whom I have never even met. I agree that is was worded strangely, though.

I know I have read at least one post by an admin here (don't remember who) saying they don't have time to look at pm's etc... But this is the second time I have seen someone mention that more than one person uses the same IP address.

Many departments have rules against making or publishing public statements as a member of the organization. An easy argument can be made that this is publishing something.

I thought sheriffs = corrections. In any event the post also asked about sheriff's.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:( bashing anyone is not the purpose of this thread . i'm simply curious about their jobs. i'd like to read what they discuss between themselves. i worked 8 yrs in corrections and know many police officers who also worked inside. corrections and the military are strong foundations to have before becoming a police officer- more so than a college degree in my opinion . college is only good for the quinn bill from what ive seen. :wink: Pearl, spread the word where you work

·
2,297 Posts
Otto said:
I know I have read at least one post by an admin here (don't remember who) saying they don't have time to look at pm's etc... But this is the second time I have seen someone mention that more than one person uses the same IP address.
"PM" is a Private Message.

An Admin can click on a post and determine what IP Address it was made from. It has NOTHING to do with PM's.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,657 Posts
union1 said:
I would venture to guess that guys from Sheriff's dont post because like clockwork it always becomes a slam on the Sheriffs department.
So yeah, the DOC guys would get their boxers in a wad cuz we ALWAYS slam on the Sheriffs! Alriiiiighty then!!!!!!
:lol:

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
Back from a few days of packing (I'm moving, but not too far). It seems that this post is going down the wrong road already. Let's keep it civil.

As far as passing the word along about Masscops at my place, I don't think I'll have much luck. Personally, I know of myself and one other person who actually post, and then there are three others that just read, but won't write. It hasn't really caught on, nor for some reasons, do I want it to.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Why do people like to bust the balls of people who work in corrections or for a sheriffs dept? I do not understand why some people really want to make it a point if a c.o. or deputy sheriff is considered law enforcement. Does it make them feel superior? Maybe it is because a C.O. makes more money than a cop (not counting details). Maybe it is because a C.O. may have a "blue line" license plate? But what do I know? I am just a screw who "walks the toughest beat in the state." :wink:

·
2,297 Posts
ejk55 said:
Why do people like to bust the balls of people who work in corrections or for a sheriffs dept? I do not understand why some people really want to make it a point if a c.o. or deputy sheriff is considered law enforcement.
We've been down this road a hundred times.

Does it make them feel superior? Maybe it is because a C.O. makes more money than a cop (not counting details).
What PD is that?? I worked State Corrections before and I make quite a bit more than I did then, and the State Corrections guys make more than the Sheriff's C/O's...

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
This post seems to be filled with bashing, discussion of "Moderator Powers", and generally nothing to do with corrections, so it's locked.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.