Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wondered about this. Why do people resist arrest like that idiot that got tasered in the other thread? Why bother giving a cop crap? It's just going to turn out badly if it comes down to a violent confrontation.

When I'm stopped for speeding, I just put my hands on the steering wheel, in plain sight. And then I just deal with the cop politely. That's it, no problem.

I'll never understand why people decide that it's time for lots of drama when stopped by a cop. Makes no sense to me whatsoever. :roll:

·
2,297 Posts
JellyFish";p="51171 said:
I've always wondered about this. Why do people resist arrest like that idiot that got tasered in the other thread? Why bother giving a cop crap? It's just going to turn out badly if it comes down to a violent confrontation.

When I'm stopped for speeding, I just put my hands on the steering wheel, in plain sight. And then I just deal with the cop politely. That's it, no problem.

I'll never understand why people decide that it's time for lots of drama when stopped by a cop. Makes no sense to me whatsoever. :roll:
Because those types of people are either:

A) Spoiled idiots that think that the law doesn't apply to them, like rich jerks or the "I know my rights" types. They just don't get it and by the time they realize what a bad idea what they are doing really is, they are being pepper sprayed and being shoved into a cruiser.

B) Complete evil criminals that just don't want to get caught for the fiftieth time and figure "Maybe this time I will get away."

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I've been watching "World's Wildest Police Videos" and "Maximum Exposure" and I can't believe some of the stupid crap that goes on with people.

I guess I lead a pretty sheltered life or something. But I just can't believe that people will do some of those things. Yelling at the cop, swearing, driving the car away, shooting at the cop, etc.

We need to round up these scummy people and deport them to France or something. ;)

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
It dont make sense does it. Some people are scum, some like BB said, dont think the law applies to them. I was raised to always respect law enforcement.

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
You know it occurs to me as I watch cops today. So many people could stay out of jail if they just kept thier traps shut or didnt run. :roll:

G

·
stm4710";p="51341 said:
You know it occurs to me as I watch cops today. So many people could stay out of jail if they just kept thier traps shut or didnt run. :roll:
By George! I think he's got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:wink:

·
screw you...
2,692 Posts
JellyFish";p="51171 said:

Because people suck....

·
Banned
117 Posts
Doesnt it get you guys court time too. I get the impression 4 hours minimum with you guys. If Marlborough District Court closes because they dont have enough cases a day, Marlborough officers get 5 hours minimum for going to Framingham or so I've heard. Also if you are having a bad day, you can make someone that is giving you crap have an even worse day.

·
1,334 Posts
Its even better when a K9 catches up with some dope hiding face down in the woods, near the water, on a cold night. You have to love the look of terror when the dog introduces themselves. Some just don't learn, and never will. Every village needs a few idiots or we would be out of jobs.

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
A) Spoiled idiots that think that the law doesn't apply to them, like rich jerks or the "I know my rights" types. They just don't get it and by the time they realize what a bad idea what they are doing really is, they are being pepper sprayed and being shoved into a cruiser.

B) Complete evil criminals that just don't want to get caught for the fiftieth time and figure "Maybe this time I will get away."
BB has hit the nail on the head; the ones that aren't career criminals (who often give me less trouble then the amateurs), are the "I watch 'The Practice' or 'NYPD Blue', I know my rights type." Even though you could fit the sum total of their non-hollywood legal knowledge into a thimble.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's all about power...no one likes the feeling of someone standing over them, someone having more authority than they - i.e., the police. So they try to assert their power - when, if they would only submit for a few minutes, they could be on their merry way.

Short-sighted thinking....otherwise known as stupid.

As for the avatar above me....why the Quaker Oats guy? Just curious.

·
Banned
117 Posts
I hate people that hate cops because they bust them and make their lives miserable when they do something that breaks the law and they know they are doing something that breaks the law and they do it anyway even though they know what the consequences are.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Vor, I was thinking more "William Jennings Bryan" than "Clarence Darrow" (Darrow won, the lemming will not 8) )!

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Police officers who regard the slightest derogatory remark from a citizen as a challenge to their authority, or who are proud of having a "short fuse," provoke unnecessary hostility. They are required to use force or to call for assistance more often than cool-headed officers who are willing to listen to a citizen's "face saving" explanation, or to tolerate a small amount of verbal abuse. One characteristic of anger is that it feeds on itself. If an angry officer confronts a citizen, the citizen sometimes feels the need to preserve his or her image by retorting in kind. The officer who is confronted by angry citizens often finds that a calm, reasoned reaction will surprise the citizens so much that they will calm down and listen to reason.
(as an aside I offer a box of jelly donuts (or 4-pack of vitimin water) to the person who knows where that came from...)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.