Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's my 'ask a cop' question under Court Procedure. Anyone have an answer?

·
Registered
400 Posts
They aren't stupid. They simply use their position of power to impose their liberal ideology upon the court system. This is most commonly referred to as "legislating from the bench" The stupid people are the voters of massachusetts who continue to put the liberal democrats in power who nominate these judges. I know some liberal people and when they ask me whats wrong with this state i tell them to look in the mirror.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Half the people in this state don't even know what "Governor's Council" is. When its on the balot, no one cares. Those that do, vote (D) blindly. I blame the "Council" for putting liberl tards in power. Though there is one in the Council now that if put on, will be a force to be reckoned with on the bench.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
I know plenty of good judges. I know way more lousy ones. I don't know if stupid, is an accurate way to describe them. Clueless, is probably better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
18,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been lucky enough to be before some GOOD ones but seem to be in front of the liberals more than not. I haven't been to court in a long time (the one pending case was plead out and we didn't end up going) but it's something that ALWAYS is in the back of my mind.

Fantastic answers here. Thanks all!

G

·
I have the feeling that if judges were elected or there was a way for voters to remove them, they'd get a lot smarter in a damned hurry.
I used to live in a state where they were elected and they certainly paid a lot of attention to what they did on the bench, knowing that they had to earn their keep in the next election.

·
Subscribing Member
3,273 Posts
They are elected here in FL and they are forced to live by their ideology. Just like any other public official, they answer to the people who elect them, which is who they should answer too. If they become activists once they reach the bench, we the people can fire them, which is how it should be. Appointed for life is and has always been a poor policy...

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
Judicial Immunity! [spoken in arrogant South African accent]

·
18,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RWL, no question, Judge Judy don't take no shit! I never really watch her, or any other judge shows (Jerry Springer with better referees) but when I have watched, she's no nonsense and often RIGHT.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts