Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So many questions are asked on this site that seem to have no answer - indicates many of us are don't know- for example, my question about what, if any, "Ch 90" section covers the 720CMR9.06 "State Highway" violations that cover very common offenses and causes of mva's like "following too close, fail to use care in backing, stopping" etc, etc...
Those offenses appear to be only citable on roads under the auspices of the state. Most mva's occur on municipal roads.. Short of the criminal offense of operating recklessly, there ostensibly must be an alternative to 9.06...Is there a direct phone number or name of someone at the RMV that we can call with these questions ? :ermm:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Personally I'd look up a certain Northborough detective who instructs at the Boylston academy...PM me if you don't know who I am talking about...he is the king of obscure MV offense knowledge!

·
Registered
456 Posts
You can always call the Legal Dept at RMV. I have found them to be most helpful/knowledgeable when I had a few questions about MV Laws.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
sgtmvm said:
Personally I'd look up a certain Northborough detective who instructs at the Boylston academy...PM me if you don't know who I am talking about...he is the king of obscure MV offense knowledge!
Do you mean "Shoook"? lol...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yup! Another one of his students, I see!!! Quite possibly the only extremely informative AND entertaining instructor I've had anywhere.

·
Registered
68 Posts
sgtmvm said:
Yup! Another one of his students, I see!!! Quite possibly the only extremely informative AND entertaining instructor I've had anywhere.
--------------------------
What about the good Captain?.....you know the one, he drives a Pontiac - "wide track". Don't be duped...Eugenio.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,710 Posts
shook is mere flatulence compared to the "Great Eugenio"
:G:

·
1,334 Posts
I emailed the RMV a m/v law question via their website a couple months ago and received a response within about a day from their legal services unit. Atty. John Scheft is also a good source, he publishes the "Law Enforcement Dimensions" books. There is also a list of phone numbers to talk to a person, just look in the CJIS "NEWS" file, there is a list of important contact numbers somewhere there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts