Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Gents, I scored a 99 on the last exam(Not the 4/30/05 one), I am a black male who speak 3 languages fluently. I am a veteran and possess a bachelors in CJ.

My friend whom we shall refer to as "Carol" Is caucasian female, scored an 89, is not a vet, and weighs about 115 lbs soaking wet. She was called by the Boston Police and I was not. We both have residency preference in Boston. P.S the languages I speak are french and Haitian creole.
 

·
Out of the Loop
Joined
·
2,512 Posts
Really? That's interesting, I am a white female, no vet status, and a City of Boston resident. I scored a 97 on the last exam and I got nothing from them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Re: White males are not the only victims of affirmative acti

Boston PD is NO longer a consent decree community and females are no longer considered minorities for a few years now. Unless a department wants to generate a gender list to get females you have to score high. BPD now basically will only hire DVETS and VETS.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: White males are not the only victims of affirmative acti

She received a card with a score of 89. I'm still waiting. I'm dying to benefit from Affirmative Action but so far it's gotten me nowhere. By the way, how does the whole Disabled vet status work? I would think if you're disabled you may not be able to fully perform the functions of a police officer or firefighter. Do they consider PTSD as a disability? If so, myself and about my entire batallion should become disabled vets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
Re: White males are not the only victims of affirmative acti

ProudAmerican";p="64017 said:
I'm dying to benefit from Affirmative Action but so far it's gotten me nowhere.
Careful.... inciting a riot is arrestable.
 

·
Founder of MassCops
Joined
·
6,401 Posts
Officer Dunngeon";p="64031 said:
Yeah, something about that story just ain't right...
I agree how do you get a card with and 89 and other white females that scored in the high 90's get nothing????
 

·
Subscribing Member
Joined
·
185 Posts
The only way she got a card with an 89 is maybe her mother or father died in the line of duty, they get ultimate preferance.
I got a 93 and got no card, white female, no special preferance. I would ask to see the card?????
 

·
Subscribing Member
Joined
·
451 Posts
Re: White males are not the only victims of affirmative acti

ProudAmerican,

Have you considered applying out of state? With your resume, vet status, and being african american, you would be a very attractive candidate to any department. Why limit yourself to just one city? Basically taking the CS exam is like taking exam only for the town in which you have residency. If you are looking to stay close to Boston, look into Nashua, PD and maybe Manchester, NH PD.
 
G

·
Re: White males are not the only victims of affirmative acti

Officer Dunngeon";p="64042 said:
:shock:

The devil you say! :twisted:
Actually I think the devil would say "would you like some apples"
 

·
Out of the Loop
Joined
·
2,512 Posts
Re: White males are not the only victims of affirmative acti

I think the devil would say, "Hey, watch where you're stepping, I just shined the hooves."
 

·
Subscribing Member
Joined
·
2,201 Posts
Re: White males are not the only victims of affirmative acti

My friend whom we shall refer to as "Carol" Is caucasian female, scored an 89, is not a vet, and weighs about 115 lbs soaking wet. She was called by the Boston Police and I was not. We both have residency preference in Boston. P.S the languages I speak are french and Haitian creole.

Its civil circus thats the explanation, a sick joke, since when does it make sence people. These kind of stories actually suprise you, it should be just another example of how lousy the system is!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: White males are not the only victims of affirmative acti

I don't think Carol would lie about getting a card. I admit I have not physically seen her card but why would she lie about it? Some on this board are having a problem believing this story because of the players involved.

Had I been a white heterosexual male and carol a black male most would not have a problem believing it. The truth is we DO have a PROBLEM with affirmative action. It is wrong and unconstitutional. However it is not synonamous with black males. The major benefactors of AA are women. particularly white women. It's a sad fact that my white brothers tend to feel the blunt of it but you're not alone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
968 Posts
Re: White males are not the only victims of affirmative acti

ProudAmerican";p="64073 said:
I don't think Carol would lie about getting a card. I admit I have not physically seen her card but why would she lie about it? Some on this board are having a problem believing this story because of the players involved.

Had I been a white heterosexual male and carol a black male most would not have a problem believing it. The truth is we DO have a PROBLEM with affirmative action. It is wrong and unconstitutional. However it is not synonamous with black males. The major benefactors of AA are women. particularly white women. It's a sad fact that my white brothers tend to feel the blunt of it but you're not alone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,210 Posts
Re: White males are not the only victims of affirmative acti

I just really don't think this is a race/sex thing. There has to be a reason she got a "card" (if she did) and you didn't. For that matter, Dunny should have gotten a card too if you think about it.

By the way, there are plenty of deparments that won't take some females because of the fact that they "weigh about 115 lbs soaking wet." Soaking wet I'm about 130lbs (with lots of clothes on) and I'm still waiting, granted I'm in CT...I just think you need to step off the sex/race card.

Sorry you hit a nerve, I had a family memeber last week, whos a cop, tell me that women shouldn't be cops. In not so many words.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: White males are not the only victims of affirmative acti

EMcNeice";p="64047 said:
ProudAmerican,

Have you considered applying out of state? With your resume, vet status, and being african american, you would be a very attractive candidate to any department. Why limit yourself to just one city? Basically taking the CS exam is like taking exam only for the town in which you have residency. If you are looking to stay close to Boston, look into Nashua, PD and maybe Manchester, NH PD.
I've been thinking about looking into places like NH and RI. I'm almost guaranteed a job with the Palm Beach County Sheriff dept in Florida but my wife is not willing to make the move. Does NH or RI hold CS exams for police officers if yes, when are they held?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: White males are not the only victims of affirmative acti

kttref";p="64077 said:
I just really don't think this is a race/sex thing. There has to be a reason she got a "card" (if she did) and you didn't. For that matter, Dunny should have gotten a card too if you think about it.

By the way, there are plenty of deparments that won't take some females because of the fact that they "weigh about 115 lbs soaking wet." Soaking wet I'm about 130lbs (with lots of clothes on) and I'm still waiting, granted I'm in CT...I just think you need to step off the sex/race card.

Sorry you hit a nerve, I had a family memeber last week, whos a cop, tell me that women shouldn't be cops. In not so many words.
Not necessarily true. I know one other black guy that was called who had a score of 96 but he was EMT certified so that could be why. The general consensus seems to be that only white guys are hurt by AA. This is NOT true.

I know many Haitians residing in Everett that have repeatedly scored high on the exam. Everett has a high Haitian population but from what I know, there are NO Haitian creole speaking police officers in Everett.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
968 Posts
Re: White males are not the only victims of affirmative acti

ProudAmerican";p="64081 said:
kttref";p="64077 said:
I just really don't think this is a race/sex thing. There has to be a reason she got a "card" (if she did) and you didn't. For that matter, Dunny should have gotten a card too if you think about it.

By the way, there are plenty of deparments that won't take some females because of the fact that they "weigh about 115 lbs soaking wet." Soaking wet I'm about 130lbs (with lots of clothes on) and I'm still waiting, granted I'm in CT...I just think you need to step off the sex/race card.

Sorry you hit a nerve, I had a family memeber last week, whos a cop, tell me that women shouldn't be cops. In not so many words.
Not necessarily true. I know one other black guy that was called who had a score of 96 but he was EMT certified so that could be why. The general consensus seems to be that only white guys are hurt by AA. This is NOT true.

I know many Haitians residing in Everett that have repeatedly scored high on the exam. Everett has a high Haitian population but from what I know, there are NO Haitian creole speaking police officers in Everett.
Everett also doesn't have the consent decree!
 
1 - 20 of 135 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top