Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Politico is reporting that Barney the Scottie, President Bush's canine companion, finally snapped and bit a White House reporter today.
Reporters haven't decided whether Barney was fed up with liberal media bias, depressed by how history is likely to rate his tenure, or was simply enjoying the sense of freedom that comes to any short-timer.
The victim was Reuters TV correspondent Jon Decker, who'd bent down to pet the dog. Damage was limited to a broken skin on a finger.
Politico quotes Decker:
"As a result of the bleeding, I was treated by White House physician Dr. Richard Tubb," Decker tells us. And, "Am now on antibiotics and will be getting a tetanus shot administered by Dr. Tubb tomorrow," he says.
Rumors that Barney has contacted Scooter Libby for the name of a good attorney are totally unfounded.
ATLANTA CONSTITUTION-JOURNAL

·
1,334 Posts
It's about time someone in the administration bit back at the media, too bad it wasn't Chris Matthews or Kieth Olberman though.

G

·
Good boy, Barney; now, be sure to leave a nice steaming welcome gift under the Resolute desk in the Oval Office on the way out in January.

·
Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SALEM, MA — President Bush's dog, Barney, made news last week when he bit a Reuters TV reporter who bent over to pat him. The little Scottish terrier actually drew blood. The whole thing was caught on film and made it to YouTube.
There was a lot of joking that Barney was upset that the Republicans had lost the election and that the Bushes are headed out of the White House.
Although the presidential pooch has his defenders, it turns out this is not the first time Barney has gone ballistic. Two months ago, he bit our own Heather Walker, the Celtics public relations director from Salem.
If you recall, the Celtics were invited to the White House in September to receive congratulations from President Bush for winning the NBA championship. As the team headed into the White House, Walker was at the back of the pack.
"I walked into the White House and in the first area you walk into, there are Miss Beazley (Mrs. Bush's Scottish terrier) and Barney," Walker said. "They were sitting on this Oriental rug, and I just reached down to pat Barney and he attacked me."
The dog bit her on the wrist and drew blood.
"Oh, my God, you've got to be kidding," Walker recalls saying. "I couldn't believe the president's dog bit me."
As she tells this story, Walker is laughing. You have to realize this is a woman who owns a yellow Lab and is absolutely crazy about dogs. A few months ago, she tried to rescue a pit bull trapped on a rock off Salem Willows with the tide coming in. She got the Fire Department to help and didn't leave until she was sure the dog was safe.
Walker didn't say a word about the Barney incident until a reporter asked her about it earlier this week.
"I just wanted to keep it under the radar," she said. "I'm a huge dog lover."
As Walker stood in the White House bleeding and in shock, Celtics trainer Ed Lacerte came to her aid. "He just took a look at it and gave me some bandages," she said.
No, she didn't get a shot.
"I figure the dog is pretty well-kept," Walker said.
SALEM NEWS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts