Which Version of MassCops? | MassCops

Which Version of MassCops?

Discussion in 'MassCops News' started by CJIS, May 20, 2010.

?

Which Version of MassCops.com Do you like better?

1. MC 1.0 (Pre-2010)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. MC 2.0 (Post-2010)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Merge them if possible into one.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

Which Version of MassCops.com do you wish to use/keep<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    This is MC 1.0 (Pre- 2010) A lot of great info is on this version however some is out of date. In addition many registered members/users are no longer active here.<o:p></o:p>

MC 2.0 (Post-2010) was the latest that died in mid May. It had a newer software version. It too also had a lot great information. In addition most members/users were active.
    There may be a possibility of merging the two somehow. Whether it is an archive or merged as one is unknown.
    Thanks for your vote

2. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

We don't need another shut down,MC1 just needs to be tweeked and the missing fourms like the green room need to be added in,

3. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

MPO is that we merge them if possible.

Yes Indeed!

4. TopCop24

TopCop24 Working in the land of misfit toys

I say merge them IF possible and not too much trouble. Other than that I think it should be up to Gil, i'm fine with both.

5. Coopstah

Coopstah MassCops Member

I, too think merging them will not only bring back a lot of the useful and important information that virtually most of the members on here need, its also helpful for new memebers coming onboard.

6. SPINMASS

SPINMASS Subscribing Member

I am all for tweeking MC1 and adding the green room etc.

7. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

I like what MC2 looked like and how it was laid out, but think it would be ideal to somehow merge the two.

8. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

I like the old, I like the new, I am just glad it's back. Thank you Gil.

9. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

I wish there was a thanks button. Have to use the scales for now.

10. Big.G

Big.G In Tactical Mode....

I kinda want it merged...mainly because I want people that don't post to be labeled lurkers to lower their self-esteem and become despondent... God forbid anyone be labeled a lurker on the INTERNET.

11. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

Although I LOVE what Big.G said about the Lurkers, I honestly dont care weather its 1.0 or 2.0. There were good and bad to both and those of us who post say the same type shit no mater what the format is like. Things seem to be running smoothly right now and if they run smooth then its less BS that Gil has to deal with.

WOW!!! Look at me NOT being sarcastic and actually being nice............... I DONT LIKE IT.

12. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Its nice to see you back in a Nurses outfit Fra...now this feels like home again.

13. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

He never got out of that outfit. He was merely wearing it at home only.

14. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

You two know your only mentioning the outfit because you still want pics of my legs in this outfit!!!

15. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

I like MC1 myself, MC2 just didnt have the same......not sure what to call it. It just felt like something just wasnt there. I would have to say if possible merge them, but if it is too much trouble MC1 has my vote. What ever happens I just dont want the site to be down again.

16. Mass

Mass MassCops Member

I like MC1!

17. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

I think the term you were looking for was "Je ne sais quoi" which I have roughly translated to mean "dysfunctional family Thanksgiving dinner feeling." You know that mood where people mostly get along, but then someone says something stupid & you have to give them a flying bitch slap.

I liked the lay out of MC2.0 better, but I have a short attention span. So, give me a few days & I'll have forgotten all about it.

18. BLUE BLOOD

BLUE BLOOD ...---...

I think I like kickin it old school better.

19. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

I dont know anymore. I was just getting used to MC2, and forgot all I knew about MC1. What is this, MC1.5?
    Holy old avatar!

20. Boston Irish Lass

Boston Irish Lass MassCops Member

I liked the privacy option rooms of the new one. Nice to have a place where only registered users can go. Whatever is easiest though. Once I got past the shock of the first change I realized that I CAN go with the flow and the world won't fall apart.

21. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

I like any masscops without all the extra crap and uses the KISS principle.

22. kwflatbed

MC1 with the MC2 format

23. PAUL1604

PAUL1604 MassCops Member

As long as I can log into one of the two versions to get my news beef, I'm happy.

24. kwflatbed

I think we can lock this one up the decsion has been made, It's MC1.

25. Jeepy

Jeepy Guest

I prefer the pre-2010 version because I can "preview" posts without having to open up each and every one to see what's in there.

I know I'm not much of a contributor around here, but it's only 'cause I try to keep my mouth shut unless I have something to say. I found the post-2010 site much more of a pain-in-the-neck to use, and that's why I didn't come around or post much here.

If you need a screen shot of the "preview" I'm talking about, I can post one later today.

Thanks for listening.