Where can I find the old Reserve Academy curriculum? | MassCops

Where can I find the old Reserve Academy curriculum?

Discussion in 'Reserve / Auxiliary' started by FordMustang, Nov 22, 2013.

1. FordMustang

FordMustang MassCops Member

Hey guys,

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the old Boylston Reserve Academy curriculum? I attended in 2004/2005 when I believe it was like 186-200 hours or something. Only one I can find is the new curriculum that starts in January 2014. I've tried calling the academy but have had no luck getting through.

I'd drive there but I'm a fed now out of state. Got them a copy of my full-time academy curriculum but have had no luck with my part time. Thank's in advance for any help or guidance!

2. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

I attended in 05, hers the curriculum...show up,shut up, listen,watch the COs sleep through class because their only attending to do details, leave.

frank likes this.
  3. FordMustang

Haha, sounds about right. Only I need it broken down in hours :eek:

4. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

I attended in 2006... Pretty much the same thing except one of the CO's used to wake up once in awhile to challenge the instructor on motor vehicle law because evidently he was a Chapter 90 God.

frank likes this.
  5. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

The old requirement was 120 hours. I went through in 2006 and all the deputies were in the other classroom so we didn't have to deal with them too much. ;)

What do you actually need the curriculum for? You might be better off asking your old instructor if you keep in touch with them rather than the academy.

6. FordMustang

I think you're right, 120 hours sounds right. My current LT just wants me to have a copy of all the training hours I've ever done in my career in my personnel file for when promotion time come around.

7. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

I am fairly certain that my R/I academy certificate has the hours listed on it. Don't forget to include the first responder and suicide prevention certificates if you have them as well.

8. Dan Stark

Dan Stark Tears of a Clown

Ask MPTC for copy of your training records. It should be on there.

9. Dan Stark

Dan Stark Tears of a Clown

I did it successfully. Don't remember how long it took though

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk