When do Written Speeding Warnings Expire? | MassCops

When do Written Speeding Warnings Expire?

Discussion in 'Tickets & Citations' started by baboon39, Sep 7, 2018.

1. baboon39

baboon39 MassCops Member

Hello,
    I recently got a written speeding warning. I understand it is not reported to the RMV but is entered into some system. Does it ever come off the record from that system? If so, after what period of time?
    Also, what is that system where written warnings are entered into? Is it limited to the department that issued it or to any department in the state?
    Thanks!

2. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

My question to you sir is, Was the officer wearing a hat when you were cited?

3. 02136colonel

02136colonel Supporting Member

Please don’t oversimplify things, Tuna. Hats are only required from 0700-2330 hrs, except on Sunday when hat hours begin at 0600, and on Friday, when hat hours end at 2100. Baseball caps are only allowed from April 15- October 15, except for State Troopers, who can wear them until December 1. 8 point hats are accepted year-round, and if the officer is wearing a chapeau, any citation they write is non-appealable

4. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

Departments are slowly converting to electronic citations in Massachusetts. If you received a hand written warning, it is not reported to the RMV, but kept on the department's internal system. If it was a computer printed citation, it now goes on to your driver history pretty much instantly. No it is not ever removed.

Hush and 02136colonel like this.
  5. baboon39

baboon39 MassCops Member

For how long is it kept on the department's internal system?

6. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Here’s an answer in the nutshell. Our system is called Keystone. There are many other system that exist. They are generally all known as In-House record. They stay in the system FOR EVER. They never get purged as well as they shouldn’t be purged. I have always used this system to see how many times someone on my job either issued a citation or a warning to the operator. If you had way too many bites of the apple and you haven’t learned squat, you had a money ticket coming your way no matter how polite or contrite or apologetic you were. Reason being is that I would feel like you were playing me. Thinking that you can just be a “good guy” and her a warning. Well, thing is, if you got 3 warning let’s say, for the same damned thing, it’s time you actually ponied up some $$$ tonthe Commonwealth because obviously, you learned nothing. I have always said that I am not out there to penalize the citizens for an occasional screwup. I wrote very few money fines in my career considering that we all usually wright a fair amount of traffic tickets. I mostly always preferred writing a warning. In my opinion traffic enforcement is done for one of two reasons. One is to educate the public and that doesn’t mean money fines. Two is to use legitimate violations to do what’s called “looking behind the plate” in other words criminal enforcement (drug interdiction, criminal warrants, drunk driving, etc.).

That’s said once again, if you showed multiple warnings in you name in our system, too bad, so sad, 20 days, pay or appeal.

Hush, FTH, Kilvinsky and 2 others like this.
  7. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

I think you are asking because you are trying to get on the job or about to go through background process. If so, and you are asked, DO NOT LIE. Your process will end right there.

38bigblock, Kilvinsky and Bloodhound like this.
  8. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

This is straight out butt-hurt. You have been heee 15 seconds and the other member been here for years. You got your answer above from me. You can like it or lump it. Feel free to leave. Don’t let that door hit you on your ass.

6740B2F4-C6BC-4A94-8625-B4AADFDB7C64.png 1A724C8B-2708-4A79-B260-83DCDA69D671.png 6740B2F4-C6BC-4A94-8625-B4AADFDB7C64.png

FTH, Kilvinsky and Goose like this.
  9. baboon39

baboon39 MassCops Member

I appreciate your answer, Sir. It is very helpful! Yes, I got the answer from you – not from the other members making irrelevant comments that have nothing to do with the nature of the question, do they?

However, I am not trying to get a job, to pass a background check, or to lie to someone. This is my first written warning ever, so I was trying to better understand what it is and what impact it has. That's it!
    Again, thank you for the answer.

10. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Warnings have little impact. However, if you can’t take a little ribbing from people who are obviously just giving you a small poke, you my friend have paper thin skin.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    Hush and Tuna like this.
  11. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

Vic you should have let him roll. I'm a light weight smartass compared to others on this site.

j809 likes this.
  12. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Let me put it this way. I can’t stand millennial snowflake behavior. Reporting those prettt light hearted posts screams “Pussy”. I can’t stand that shit.

FTH, HistoryHound, Tuna and 2 others like this.
  13. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

It does suck when a post like "STFU" is posted by the WRONG person FOR the WRONG person, but it's priceless when the RIGHT person calls the first WRONG person on it and especially in such a sharp way. Bravo.

Tuna likes this.
  14. baboon39

baboon39 MassCops Member

Thank you again for the answer. However, I would expect a high level of respect and professionalism from someone who represents authority, if you truly do.

15. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

I guess the handle is fitting.

FTH, visible25, Goose and 2 others like this.
  16. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'd ask what was disrespectful about Tuna's post, but I don't actually care about the answer.

Oh and before you get your panties in a twist, I'm not a cop.

Tuna likes this.
  17. k12kop

k12kop MassCops Member

So I guess I'm out of uniform wearing my wool blend fitted Baseball cap during inclement weather. No wonder I'm confused.

Kilvinsky likes this.
  18. Kilvinsky

It's the wool, it'll do it every time. Ever seen how confused SHEEP are? Additionally, just look at this state and see who our elected officials are, and most of those sheep don't even have wool! It's a total CF!

Tuna, k12kop and Goose like this.
  19. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Capture.JPG

Why PM when you post it in the thread? By the way, I didn't actually ask the question. Reading is fun.

20. FTH

FTH MassCops Member

I thought Millinials suppose to be inquisitive ivovetors and disrupters :) Didn’t even try to look further into the comment, Reported it to admin, really? It explains all those adults still living in the parents basement

Tuna likes this.
  21. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

I guess baboon's wittle feelwings are hurt.

Kilvinsky likes this.
  22. Kilvinsky

We have an admin where I work who does the same thing. You kid with him a little, give him a little dig, "CHIEF, THEY'RE BEING MEAN TO ME AGAIN!"

Disgraceful.

Goose, HistoryHound and Tuna like this.
  23. baboon39

baboon39 MassCops Member

Well, at least he is an admin and gets his job done.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  24. Kilvinsky

Never assume ANYTHING.

HistoryHound likes this.
  25. baboon39

baboon39 MassCops Member

Exactly! Don't trust anyone either!
    Don't assume you just kid him a little, or give him a little dig – you might actually be harassing him!

Kilvinsky likes this.