Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curiousity, why are certain keywords in any post (or anywhere on the board) linking to external sites? Is it to bring in revenue for the board (which I can understand), or is it an 'update' in the board code by the authors of the software?

Example: state law, district attorney, drunk driving, lawyer, etc.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Ad agency testing...

intellitxt.com

Not sure if it is going to stay or not.

Gil

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
It seems to really slow the site a bit. I did a test added the info into my host file for the company running the ads. With them in the host file (or blocked via Fire Fox) the site was about 2x as fast.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
SOT_II";p="57113 said:
It seems to really slow the site a bit. I did a test added the info into my host file for the company running the ads. With them in the host file (or blocked via Fire Fox) the site was about 2x as fast.
SOT I have only tried it in IE, the page load is ok and then the keywords are linked after a few seconds. Your browser is holding up the whole page before loading the keywords?

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
No but down at the bottom it will says loading us.intellitxt.com, then if I'm scrolling down the page once those little "smart tabs" load, it will bring me automatically back to the top of the page or to the first "smart tab" whichever is closer.

Not a major thing, just sort of annoying as well the pop up of the tab description if you move your mouse around really is a PITA to me.
Hey you gotta make the jing some how to keep this thing running...I say keep them and those that are annoyed, can modify their hosts tab or use their browser to block that stuff.
The newest google toolbar is doing the same thing to help generate revenue for google so don't feel bad...it's the WAVE of the future.
Remember when there was no such thing as banners?

Gil";p="57126 said:
SOT_II";p="57113 said:
SOT I have only tried it in IE, the page load is ok and then the keywords are linked after a few seconds. Your browser is holding up the whole page before loading the keywords?

·
Registered
372 Posts
SPONSORED LINK what's this?
Been Driving Drunk and Got Caught?
1-800-DUI-LAWS is an association of qualified drunk driving lawyers. The site is informative, educational, and can help you find a professional DUI attorney. Free review of your case.
www.1800duilaws.com

That's my favorite one. :roll: Something's slowing mine down too, with Firefox. Mine says it's waiting for www.burstnet.com , whatever that is.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Unfortunately I can't control the advertisers on the keyword links. The way I look at it is "click" the link that way you have some scuz bag OUI defense lawyer supporting a cop site :)

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
SOT_II";p="57128 said:
No but down at the bottom it will says loading us.intellitxt.com, then if I'm scrolling down the page once those little "smart tabs" load, it will bring me automatically back to the top of the page or to the first "smart tab" whichever is closer.

Not a major thing, just sort of annoying as well the pop up of the tab description if you move your mouse around really is a PITA to me.
Hey you gotta make the jing some how to keep this thing running...I say keep them and those that are annoyed, can modify their hosts tab or use their browser to block that stuff.
The newest google toolbar is doing the same thing to help generate revenue for google so don't feel bad...it's the WAVE of the future.
Remember when there was no such thing as banners?

Gil";p="57126 said:
SOT_II";p="57113 said:
I am going to see if I can find a way so that they are only visable to the guests on the site like the popup and popunders are....just have to figure out where to edit the code

1 - 9 of 9 Posts